Bhakti Madhurya Govinda Maharaja Lecture

The first devotee who preached to me when I was a young spiritual seeker in Berkeley, California, USA in 1969 was Bhakti Madhurya Govinda Maharaja, who was known at that time as Makhanlal Das Brahmacari. Because he took the time to tell me about Krishna I am very much indebted to him. Recently on the occasion of my Vyas Puja celebration at ISKCON Delhi, India he came and spoke some words encouraging my disciples how to properly understand their spiritual master. His wonderful lecture is available through this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO9qGz4nQiU

My thanks to him for so nicely guiding my disciples.

Bhakti Madhurya Govinda Maharaja

Bhakti Madhurya Govinda Maharaja

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Is there Pain in the Spiritual World?

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Since this material world is a reflection of the spiritual world, does pain exist in the spiritual world?

Your servant,
Gaura Lila devi dasi

Answer: There It's the Highest Form of Transcendental Bliss

Pain in the spiritual world is in its original pure form and is the highest manifestation of transcendental bliss. For example the pain of separation felt by the gopis when Krishna goes with the cowherd boys to herd the cows elevates the gopis to the highest realm of transcendental ecstasy.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?