You Are Indeed My Very Life and Soul

On the evening of 4 November 2014 we arrived back in Austin after two super ecstatic months of traveling and preaching in India and Europe. My aspiring disciple, Bhakta Anil, picked my wife, Vishnupriya Mataji, and I up at the airport. I was riding in the back seat on the way from the airport to the ISKCON Austin center remembering Srila Prabhupada's instruction that at every spare moment we should read his books. So I immediately without any hesitation grabbed my iPad and began reading the Caitanya Caritamrita, Madhya Lila, Chapter 1. When I got to verse 29 I was awed.

'caitanya' seva, 'caitanya' gāo, lao 'caitanya'-nāma
'caitanye' ye bhakti kare, sei mora prāṇa

"Nityananda Prabhu requested everyone to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chant His glories and utter His name. Nityananda Prabhu claimed that person to be His life and soul who rendered devotional service unto Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

I strikingly realized that all those who have at any time in their lives rendered service to my beloved spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, and his mission are my very life and soul. This was a wonderful heart melting realization that will bless my eternal existence.

So my humble thanks and respectful obeisances to all of you whoever you may be and wherever you be in all of existence who have ever at any time rendered service to Srila Prabhupada and his mission. You are indeed my very life and soul.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada With His Loving Disciples
Srila Prabhupada With His Loving Disciples

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Control Sex Desire?

How to control our mind on attraction towards sex? Please, it is my heartiest request to you, explain this to me. From the last few weeks I am feeling very bad because in the time of chanting these thoughts are coming in my mind and frustrating my meditation of Lord Krishna's holy names. How to control our sex desires? Please, dear Guru Maharaja, help me out of these thoughts.

D.K.

Answer: Find Your Pleasure in Loving Krishna

As long as you remain on the bodily plane it is natural that you will be sexually inclined because sex is the topmost pleasure of this material world. To get free from this hard knot of sex desire within your heart you have to remember that you are not body and that your real pleasure is in your loving relationship with Krishna or God. Chant Hare Krishna with feeling as an offering of love to Lord Sri Krishna and your lusty feelings will gradually evaporate. They will go away, and you will be able to peacefully chant Hare Krishna in great ecstasy.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?