Residing in the Best of All Possible Worlds

Please bless me, Srila Prabhupada, that I may be eternally engaged in your service. I was a lost soul drowning in the cycle of birth suffering like anything in the crazy madness of material sense gratification. But with the help of your very dear disciple in the spring of 1971 in Austin, Texas USA, His Holiness Vishnujana Swami Maharaja, you picked me up from the nightmarish ocean of birth and death and gave me shelter at your lotus feet. Srila Prabhupada, please engage me in any way you like for all of eternity wherever I can be of the best possible service to you. Whether this is the spiritual world or the material world does not matter to me. Wherever I am, if I can simply please you, then I am always in the best of all possible worlds. That is where I want to remain perpetually, in this transcendental realm of pleasing you.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Give Up My Envious Mentality?

Hare Krishna Dear Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

All glories to Your Divine Grace and Srimati Guru Mata.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

How to give up my envious mentality?

Your servant,
Bhakta Shashank

Answer: Fill Your Heart With Krishna

Srila Prabhupada has very nicely answered your question in his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam, Ninth Canto, Chapter 11, Verse 23:

"A devotee must therefore be completely free from envy, especially of other devotees. To envy other devotees is a great offense, a vaisnava-aparadha. A devotee who constantly engages in hearing and chanting (sravana-kirtana) is certainly freed from the disease of envy, and thus he becomes eligible to go back home, back to Godhead."

So the formula is very simple. You must always be engaged as much as possible 24 hours a day in hearing and chanting the glories of Lord. By filling your heart completely with Krishna there will no room left for envy to reside in your heart.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?