Song to Prabhupada

Here are the lyrics to a song I wrote to Srila Prabhupada on 16 September, 1983 in Norman, Oklahoma, USA:

My dear Srila Prabhupada
Won't you please set me free.
Give your loving mercy to me
I'm so blind I cannot see
Drowning in this ocean of hopelessness.
Please pick me up, put me on the path
I've veered out of the way
I've gone so far astray
That there's no telling of my whereabouts.

My dear Srila Prabhupada
Please put me back on my feet
Get me back out on the street
Telling everyone I meet
That here's the way we can go back to Godhead.
Yes, I'm ready to go anywhere
I'm ready now to preach
Bhagavad-gita I will teach
To anyone who has the ears to hear.

My dear Srila Prabhupada
You've been so kind to me
You've come and set me free
Now I'm ready to do the same for others.
I don't need anything except your order
That's my life and soul
Your pleasure is my goal
Eternally let me remain as your servant.

My dear Srila Prabhupada
Your love has pulled me through
Given me a life anew
Yes, you've turned my life into a blissful celebration.
And now as I face the future
Your loving smile I see
Bestowing grace on me
I'm walking bravely forward following your footsteps.

My dear Srila Prabhupada
I sing this song to you
For you've taught me what is true
You've shown me Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
So now with renewed determination
I pledge my life to you
Your order is my cue
To enter the stage of eternity, bliss, and knowledge.

Oh, my dear Srila Prabhupada
I can't stop singing your song
Praising you for eternity long
May my tongue be always decorated with your glories.
So now I turn and challenge the night
With the weapon of your light
Giving blind men back their sight
Driving wrong away with right
Turning sadness to delight
Freeing people from their fright
As your teachings I recite
Oh, Srila Prabhupada,
My life is to love you.


Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada With His Supremely Marvelous Books
Srila Prabhupada With His Supremely Marvelous Books

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Are Homosexuals Accepted in Your Movement?

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Do ISKCON spiritual masters accept homosexuals into the Hare Krishna movement if they agree to follow the four regulative principles and chant 16 rounds? What was Prabhupada opinion on this?

Your humble servant,
Anonymous

Answer: All Are Welcome To Join Our Most Glorious Movement

Srila Prabhupada has unlimited kindness upon all the fallen souls in this material world. Therefore without any discrimination everybody is welcome to be a part of our most glorious Hare Krishna movement by joining with us in our celebration of love of God through chanting, dancing, and feasting. And regardless of their sexual orientation, everyone is also welcome to become an initiated disciple, provided they are willing to chant at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mahamantra on japa mala beads daily and strictly avoid illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling. Any sex life which not for the purpose of procreation is detrimental for the living being because it blocks his ability to realize that he is not his body. It locks him into a false bodily conception of the self, which keeps him bound up in the ignorant, miserable cycle of repeated birth and death. Therefore all forms of illicit sex must be strictly avoided. This principle is equally applicable both to homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?