Blazing Sadhus or Never Trust a Holy Man Who Can't Dance

I just finished reading an incredibly enlivening book, that I could hardly put down until I finished it, called "Blazing Sadhus or Never Trust a Holy Man Who Can't Dance." My beloved friend and Godbrother, Acyutananda Prabhu, takes us back to a time when he was a young musician-spiritual seeker in New York City in 1966. He learned about a swami with a small storefront at 26 2nd Avenue who was teaching the Hare Krishna mahamantra and lecturing on the Bhagavad-gita. Even though the swami's new movement only had a handful of members, the boy Chuck decided to devote his life to Swami Bhaktivedanta as his disciple. Just try to understand the unlimited good fortune of this young man to have joined our Srila Prabhupada as one of his original disciples back in the time when everyone in the movement shared the same bath towel. I cannot even begin to try to comprehend the unlimited extent of his good fortune!

I encourage you all to read this book for yourself. You can get an electronic version at:


And/or you can a paperback version at:


Happy reading. Your heart will explode in ecstasy!

Amazing Memories of the Earliest Days of ISKCON

Amazing Memories of the Earliest Days of ISKCON

My Beloved Friend and Godbrother--Acyutananda Prabhu

Acyutananda Prabhu

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How Can I Be Steady in Krishna Consciousness?

How can I be steady in Krishna consciousness? Please tell me the significance of "om tat sat" as I have read in Chapter 17 of the Bhagavad-gita.

Nishima P.

Answer: Take Shelter of Spiritual Master by Initiation

The way to become steady in Krishna consciousness is to take shelter of the bona fide spiritual master by initiation. These three words, om tat sat, particularly indicate the Absolute Truth, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?