Big Somebodies Are Disappointed

If I consider myself to be a big somebody, greater than everyone else, I will be very disappointed when others do not recognize my so-called supremacy; and this will be almost all of the time. On the other hand, if I always feel very meek and humble considering myself to be very insignificant, I will never be disappointed, and I can always happily take shelter of Krishna 24 hours a day. So which is better: to think I am a big somebody or a humble nobody? The more I think I am somebody, the more I become a nobody. And the more I think I am a nobody, the more I truly become a somebody.

Happy Hare Krishnas Distribute the Bliss

Happy Hare Krishnas Distribute the Bliss

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Eternal Being Is Emanated from Krishna?

Firstly, I want to thank you for enlightening me every day. A question arose whether the jivas emanate from the transcendental body of Krishna (as you stated "the living beings are also emanating from His transcendental body" on 14th of March) or not. The reason for my doubt is that the living entities and Krishna are eternal without beginning and an end as Krishna confirms that in Bhagavad Gita "Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be" (BG 2.12) and in the very purport Srila Prabhupada states "It is not that they did not exist as individuals in the past". How at the same time we existed and emanated from the body of the Lord. I thought that when you say that the living entities emanate you mean that they emanate in the material world from the body of Maha Vishnu. Please explain this misunderstanding.

Thank you!

Your servant,
Bhakta Kris

Answer: He is Eternally Emanated

Thank you very much for your sincere inquiry. You are wondering that since we have always existed how Krishna could have emanated us from Himself. The answer is that He is eternally emanating us from Himself. In other words, it is not that we were created out of non-existence at a certain point in time. We are eternally manifested from Krishna's transcendental body. We exist eternally, but not independently. We always exist because Krishna is always emanating us.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?