When the Material World is More than You Can Handle

Sometimes we feel that we have things under control and everything is going okay. And sometimes things get really tough and it starts to feel that we are getting more difficulties than we are able to handle. This duality is natural as long as we are in this material world. The key is to always remain steady in all circumstances. This steadiness comes from clearly knowing what is our duty and sticking to it in all circumstances without deviation. That duty is to fully surrender to Krishna under the loving guidance of the bona fide spiritual master. This dedication will always give us peace of mind even under the most trying of circumstances.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Take Shelter of the Holy Name Lecture
Faridabad, India--19 September 2013

Sankarshan Das Take Shelter of the Holy Name Lecture

Final Instructions Before Returning to New Delhi

Sankarshan Das Final Instructions Before Returning to New Delhi

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Prepare for Accepting a Spiritual Master?

I would like to ask you: How can I prepare myself for accepting spiritual master? Is it possible at all, if I cannot follow regulative principles at this moment?

I try to understand the meaning of Your mails. I liked very much how intimately You write about your relationships with Srila Prabhupada and about what exactly made You accept initiation.
Senior devotees tell me that I have to do this, but I don't want to deceive anybody. Please suggest me what can I do.

R.T.

Answer: Be Steady at Your Current Level and Gradually Increase

If you cannot follow all of the regulative principles at once, be steady in those that you can follow. In this way you can gradually become fixed up in following all of the regulative principles very nicely and become fully qualified for initiation.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?