Is Krishna Consciousness Boring?

Recently one of our readers dropped out of our course because they said that they found it to be boring. This means that they did not make proper use of the science of bhakti to connect themselves with Krishna, the reservoir of all pleasure. When one is Krishna conscious, the word "boring" drops out of their dictionary. A life of Krishna consciousness is a life of unlimited, ever-increasing bliss and excitement.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada Begins His Movement
Tompkins Square Park--New York City--1966

Srila Prabhupada Begins His Movement in Newyork

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Get Daily Guidance?

My Respected Guruji,

Thank you so much for your concern on me to give me guidelines. But how can I approach Guru to guide me on a daily/weekly/monthly basis? I am in my family as a mother of two children. Every day my responsibility grows higher in bringing up the kids and taking care of my family members. What are my duties? How can I devote my time to rise my spiritual knowledge and become closer to Krishna? I am very much interested in your articles. I respect your service to the human kind in lightening the true knowledge. I owe my obeisances to you.

Please help me.

With lot of love and affection,

Hare Krishna!

Sangeetha S.

Answer: In These Wonderful Ways

While doing your household duties always try to remember Krishna, and offer your duties in His service by encouraging your family members to be Krishna conscious. You should only cook vegetarian food (without onions and garlic) and always offer it to Krishna first before feeding your family members. Rise as early as possible in the morning, and chant as many rounds of the Hare Krishna mahamantra on japa beads as possible.

For guidance you can write me whenever you have need. Plus if you can take a few minutes every day to read from the books of Srila Prabhupada, you will find the most amazing treasure house of spiritual guidance in the entire universe. Attend the programs of ISKCON in your city as much as possible, and learn from your local devotees also. In these wonderful ways you will find sufficient guidance to be always happy in Krishna consciousness and at the end of your life to return home, back to Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?