Stranger at Home

12 July 2011. We have just returned to our home base, Bhaktivedanta Ashram in Austin, Texas USA, after completing another around-the-world lecture tour. When I woke up this morning I could not figure out where I was. This was quite strange because when I am on the road I always know where I am immediately upon awakening. This reminded that this world is not my actual home. If it were, I would feel at home when I returned to my home. That I did not feel at home at home reminded me that my real home is somewhere else, the transcendental abode of Lord Sri Krishna in that unlimitedly splendorous spiritual sky.

Our Real Home-Goloka Vrindavana

Our Real Home-Goloka Vrindavana

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How Can Krishna Not Know His Potency?

Gurudeva, I request you to enlighten me on this phrase: "The wonderful potency of the Supreme Lord Krishna is bewildering even to the jugglers. That potential power is unknown even to the self-sufficient Lord, so it is certainly unknown to others."
--Srimad Bhagavatam-Canto 3, Chapter 6, Verse 39

Gurudeva, you have told us that Krishna is the Supreme. So how is this possible that Lord's potency is even unknown to the Lord Himself when He knows everything? Please enlighten me on this.

Your servant,
Archit

Answer: Krishna's Dynamic Krishna Consciousness

Even though Krishna is conscious of everything, His potency is always expanding even beyond His consciousness. Of course, His unlimited consciousness can catch up with His ever-expanding potency. But as soon as it does, His potency has expanded even more. So in this way His unlimited consciousness is never able to keep up with His ever-expanding potency. What this means that Krishna is always becoming more and more Krishna conscious. This confirms the fact that Krishna consciousness is dynamic and ever-expanding; it is not static, even for Krishna Himself, what to speak of for His devotees. In this way Krishna and His devotees are guaranteed to never become bored.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?