Attuned to the Underlying Divinity of Existence

Life is not based on an empty, meaningless void. If it were how, could there be so many beautiful, wondrous things to experience in this world? The splendor we sometimes experience gives us a hint or an indication of the underlying marvelous divine essence which pervades this experience that we call life. Those who are thoughtful do not dedicate their lives in the vain pursuit of temporary sense gratification. They instead focus their energies on attaining the beatitude which comes from being fully attuned to the divine in all times, places, and circumstances. This divine state of consciousness is known as Krishna consciousness.

Srila Prabhupada Connects with Krishna
By Chanting Hare Krishna Mahamantra Japa

Srila Prabhupada Connects with Krishna By Chanting Hare Krishna

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Importance of Full Moon in July?

Every day I read your letters posted online. I believe that what you do is great. People like you are more than just a devotee, more than gurus. Someone told me that in the month of July the full moon was a very important event for the Hindus. Can you tell me why?

Christiane

Answer: The Appearance Day of Srila Vyasadeva

I am happy that you are appreciating my humble attempt to spread Krishna consciousness all over the world. Regarding what you perceive as my greatness, kindly note that I am nothing more than a humble servant of my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. I cannot take credit for whatever good qualities you may see in me since if I have any good qualities at all they are simply a reflection of Srila Prabhupada's unlimitedly great saintly qualities. Therefore I accept your appreciation and pass it on to my beloved spiritual master.

This year the full moon day in July is significant because it is the appearance day of Srila Vyasadeva, the literary incarnation of God. We are eternally indebted to him for giving us the Vedic wisdom. He is worshipable and the spiritual master is also worshipable because he is the representative of Srila Vyasadeva. Therefore it is customary for Hindus to worship all spiritual masters on this day. However, the more appropriate and personal worship for a particular spiritual master is to worship him on the actual day of his appearance in this world. This worship is known as Vyasa Puja, the worship of Vyasadeva, because by worshipping the spiritual master who represents Vyasadeva, we are automatically also worshipping Srila Vyasadeva.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?