Defeat the Sun and Become Immortal

With every rising and setting of the sun we are being robbed of our duration of life. But we can defeat the influence of the sun if we are always engaged in hearing, chanting, and remembering the transcendental glories of Lord Sri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Simply by absorption in Krishna consciousness we become immortal and undefeatable by the sun.

Attaining Immortality By Talking About Krishna
Bhaktivedanta Ashram, Austin, Texas-13 July 2011

Lecture by Sankarshan Das on Attaining Immortality, Austin, Texas

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Choose My Spiritual Master?

There are so many bona fide spiritual masters coming in disciplic succession after Srila Prabhupada. I am confused to whom should I approach for initiation (diksha). Please let me know how to decide which guru I should accept as my spiritual master.

thanking you

Rajesh

Answer: He Who Helps You Most to Be Krishna Conscious

I appreciate very much your thoughtfulness and careful consideration. This is the sort of spiritual intelligence that I look for in a candidate before I accept someone as my disciple.

You should associate with as many bona fide spiritual masters as possible through attending their lectures, hearing their recorded lectures, reading their writings, and corresponding with them, just as you are doing with me. From this association you can see which of these gurus is giving you the most mercy and the best guidance based on the Bhagavad-gita as it is for becoming a pure devotee of Lord Krishna. It is from that guru that you then should take your initiation (diksha). This is the most important decision you will ever make in your entire life. So do it wisely, not whimsically.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?