A Day in the Life

On Saturday 2 July 2011 I was interviewed on the radio. My interviewer, Caitanya Caru Prabhu, asked me about my typical day. So I thought to share a sample day with you all, my readers.

On the day of the radio interview I rose at 2:30am and took a shower. Between 3:00am and 7:00am I did 16 rounds of Hare Krishna mantra meditation chanting on my japa mala beads, attended mangala arati and Tulasi worship in the temple room, and worshipped Sri Sri Radha Damodar. I also composed and uploaded "Thought for the Day." Then at 7:00am I was driven to the radio station for the interview. After that it was back to the temple for breakfast. Since I had only gotten three-and-a-half hours of sleep the night before, after breakfast I took a nap. Then I was driven to a home where I led kirtan and lectured on the science of Krishna consciousness. Even though it was winter in Australia, the afternoon warmed up a little bit. So my disciples served me a picnic lunch in a park. Then we returned to the temple where I took bath and once again served Sri Sri Radha Damodar. After that I was driven to another city where I was the featured speaker at an event called Carnival of Peace. I led kirtan and lectured on the supreme formula for individual and world peace. After the lecture I did one-on-one spiritual counseling with several people. Then I took some prasadam and was driven back to my quarters at the temple where I took rest for the night.

I can tell you that there is nothing more inspiring and enlivening than giving an entire day to Krishna, except for giving your entire eternal existence to that most amazingly wonderful Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krishna. If you haven't already surrendered to Krishna, do it now. You'll be glad you did.

Radio Station Interview-88.9 WYN FM

Sankarshan Das on a Radio Station Interview-88.9 WYN FM

Then a Home Program

Home Program by Sankarshan Das, Australia

A Surprise Picnic in the Park

Sankarshan Das at a Surprise Picnic in the Park, Australia

Leading Kirtan at the Carnival of Peace

Sankarshan Das Leading Kirtan at the Carnival of Peace, Australia

Happy Chanters at the Carnival of Peace

Chanting Hare Krishna at the Carnival of Peace, Australia

Explaining the Supreme Peace Formula

Sankarshan Das Explaining the Supreme Peace Formula, Australia

"Become Ambassadors of Peace."

Sankarshan Das speaks "Become Ambassadors of Peace."

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Why Not Just Chant "Krishna"?

As Krishna tells us to chant His name in the ninth chapter of the Bhagavad-gita and that we should constantly chant His names 24 hours daily, why don't we just chant, "Krishna, Krishna, Krishna, Krishna" repetitively instead of chanting the Hare Krishna mantra, which if I am right, was not told by Krishna but was told by Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

I am questioning this because I wish to follow the instructions of God (Krishna) rather than instructions from anywhere else - no disrespect intended.

If you can help me out I would be most appreciative,

Thank you from Daniel

Answer: Krishna Told Us to Chant Hare Krishna

Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krishna Himself. Therefore by following Lord Caitanya you are following God Himself, Lord Sri Krishna. That same Supreme Lord Sri Krishna who spoke the Bhagavad-gita to Arjuna 5,000 years ago has reappeared as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu a mere 500 years ago to teach us what is the most effective means of awakening our dormant Krishna consciousness by chanting the Hare Krishna mahamantra. Therefore, just as Krishna's instruction to chant His name is authoritative, Lord Caitanya's instruction to chant Krishna's name by chanting the Hare Krishna mantra is equally authoritative.

The effectiveness and pre-eminence of the Hare Krishna mantra in the present age of Kali is further confirmed in the Kali Santarana
Upanisad as follows:

hare kṛṣṇa hare kṛṣṇa
kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa hare hare
hare rāma hare rāma
rāma rāma hare hare
iti ṣoḍaśakaṁ nāmnāṁ
kali-kalmaṣa-nāśanaṁ
nātaḥ parataropāyaḥ
sarva-vedeṣu dṛśyate

"After searching through all the Vedic literature, one cannot find a method of self-realization more effective for this age of Kali than the chanting of the Hare Krishna mantra."

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?