Enjoy by Serving the Supreme Enjoyer

Here in this material world we are trying to be the enjoyers of all that we survey. But the actual enjoyer of a particular thing is its owner, not others. Because we are unlawfully trying to enjoy what belongs to somebody else, we are criminals and are thus bound to remain imprisoned in the cycle of birth and death. How can we claim to be the owners of anything when we come into this world with nothing, and we also leave with nothing? It is Lord Krishna who is the real proprietor. Instead of trying to enjoy His property as our own, if we will instead engage everything in His service, we will give Him unlimited satisfaction. And then when He is satisfied, because He is the root of everything, we will become unlimitedly satisfied, just as when we water the root of a tree all the leaves and branches become watered.

Krishna's Devotees Enjoy Equally With Him

Krishna's Devotees Enjoy Equally With Him

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Can a Devotee Make a Difference?

I am someone who is interested in being of service to the world rather than to myself. This is something I have been involved in for years. From being a small child I was always interested in others before myself and when I look at what I really want it is for the world to be a better place. I love people, humanity and want to make a lasting difference. When people speak of attaining enlightenment I have always been clear I didn't come here for that in this lifetime.

So my question is: Can I be out in the world making a difference as a Krishna devotee, or do I have to start withdrawing from the world to be His devotee? I am not interested in any spiritual practice that involves removing myself and withdrawing from the world.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Z.R.

Answer: Only a Devotee Can Make a Real Difference

As it is said, "Physician heal thyself." If you want to liberate others from misery, you must first become liberated yourself. You cannot liberate others without being liberated yourself. Any attempt to liberate others as long as you are not liberated with not be successful in spite of your good intentions. The Lord's devotee is the best welfare worker. He is a liberated soul who fully absorbs himself 24 hours daily in doing the highest welfare of delivering all of the illusioned souls, who are suffering endlessly in the cycle of birth and death, back to their original home in the all-blissful spiritual sky. He is the only person who is a making a real difference in this world. Others are simply maintaining status quo of birth, death, old age, and disease. So if you want to do real service for the world, you must become a devotee of Krishna.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?