The Day I Took My Present Body

Seventy-four years ago today (according to the Vedic calendar) I took birth in my present body in St. Louis, Missouri USA. On this day my disciples have the duty of worshipping me as good as God. It's not that the spiritual master is God. Rather he is worshipped as good as God because he is God's representative.

In this regard Srila Prabhupada has written as follows:

"In the Bhagavad-gītā (18.66) Kṛṣṇa instructs: ...'Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.' Someone may argue, 'Where is Kṛṣṇa? I shall surrender to Him.' But no, the process is that we first surrender to Kṛṣṇa's representative; then we surrender to Kṛṣṇa. Therefore it is said, sākṣād-dharitvena samasta-śāstraiḥ: the guru is as good as God. When we offer respects to the guru, we are offering respects to God. Because we are trying to be God conscious, it is required that we learn how to offer respects to God through God's representative. In all the śāstras the guru is described to be as good as God, but the guru never says, "I am God." The disciple's duty is to offer respect to the guru just as he offers respect to God, but the guru never thinks, 'My disciples are offering me the same respect they offer to God; therefore I have become God.' As soon as he thinks like this, he becomes a dog instead of God. Therefore Viśvanātha Cakravartī says, kintu prabhor yaḥ priya eva tasya. Because he is the most confidential servitor of God, the guru is offered the same respect that we offer God. God is always God, guru is always guru. As a matter of etiquette, God is the worshipable God, and guru is the worshiper God (sevaka-bhagavān)."

Therefore on this day when I took my birth in my present body my disciples fast until noon and then worship me in a ceremony known as Vyasa-puja, which means worshipping Srila Vyasadeva, the literary incarnation of God by worshipping his representative.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Vyasadeva, the Literary Incarnation of God

Srila Vyasadeva, the Literary Incarnation of God

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Pray for Everyone's Deliverance?

Hare Krishna, Srila Gurudeva,
Please accept my humble obeisances.

Srila Gurudeva, I don't know how to pray to Lord Sri Krishna for the deliverance of all souls back to home, back to Godhead. Please tell me how to do such prayers.

Likitha Janardhan

Answer: Here's How

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Likitha,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Here is how to pray for the deliverance of all beings:

svasty astu viśvasya khalaḥ prasīdatāṁ
dhyāyantu bhūtāni śivaṁ mitho dhiyā
manaś ca bhadraṁ bhajatād adhokṣaje
āveśyatāṁ no matir apy ahaitukī

TRANSLATION
"May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each
other's welfare. Therefore let us all engage in the service of the supreme transcendence, Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa, and always remain absorbed in thought of Him." (Srimad Bhagavatam, Fifth Canto, Chapter 18, Text 9)

Memorize this verse and recite it often.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
By the blessings and the order of his spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Sankarshan Das Adhikari is a bona fide spiritual master with tens of thousands of students and disciples all over the world. Since he has been blessed by his spiritual master with the formula for solving all of the world's problems both individually and collectively he is thus endeavoring to attract the whole world to pay serious heed to these teachings, which if followed will make everyone happy and usher in a most glorious new enlightened era in global history.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?