Which Side of the Bars Are You On?

Back in the mid 70's when I was a young monk in Florida one day I was distributing our ISKCON society's Back to Godhead Magazine at a parking lot in Leesburg, Florida. The police came and arrested me and locked in a solitary cell in the city jail. I spent 36 hours in that jail cell before I got bailed out. These were some of the most glorious hours of my entire life. To go to jail in the service of my spiritual master was actually the greatest blessing. It was my extreme good fortune to be able to serve my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, in this way. I chanted my daily quota of 16 rounds of Hare Krishna mantra japa using the sections on my fingers to keep count of how many mantras I was chanting. I refused to eat any of the food that the jailers offered me. And I wrote an essay entitled "Which Side of the Bars Are You On?" because from my perspective, because I was chanting Hare Krishna, I was on the liberated side of the bars, free from the clutches of birth, death, prisons, old age, disease, and death. It was rather the poor souls out there in the material world who were behind the bars suffering the pangs of birth, death, old age, and disease.

If you have any questions, please write me at: sda@backtohome.com

Arrested for Distributing Back to Godhead Magazine

Arrested for Distributing Back to Godhead Magazine

I Saw that the Whole Material World is Behind the Bars

I Saw that the Whole Material World is Behind the Bars

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Greatest Takeaway from Covid-19?

What is your greatest takeaway from working from home during the Covid-19 lock-down: philosophy, emotionally, professionally, spiritually, etc?

Alan C. Reynolds

Answer: World Deliverance Vision

Dear Alan,
Please accept my blessings.
The greatest gift I have received from the Covid-19 lock down is the increased conviction that my spiritual master, ISKCON Founder-Acharya: His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, has blessed us all with the perfect formula of how the entire earth planet can now become completely peaceful, prosperous, healthy, and happy. This lockdown has greatly increased my determination that absolutely I must now find the ways and means to enlighten the entire world population, especially its leaders, with the understanding and method of how to practically implement this formula in every town, village, city, hamlet, and home as soon as possible.

If you are interested to learn about this formula, you can do so at: www.JoinCourse.com.

Check it out. You'll be glad you did!

Hoping this meets you in good health,
Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Our Formula Will Make the Whole World Peaceful and Happy

Our Formula Will Make the Whole World Peaceful and Happy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?