My Spiritual Master Blessed and Encouraged Me

When I joined the Krishna consciousness movement my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, personally gave me the most wonderfully inspiring blessing and encouragement. Just after my being initiated as his disciple he wrote me a letter from London on 12 September 1971 in which he stated:

"I can see also that you are a very sincere and enthusiastic boy and are anxious for spreading this movement. Those are first class qualifications for making advancement in Krishna Consciousness. So continue enthusiastically as you are doing and Krishna will surely bless you."

It's natural that in spiritual life we have to go through so many ups and downs on the path of awakening our dormant Krishna consciousness. These above words for a half a century have given me great strength to weather whatever devotional storms I have to had to face. And they will continue to strengthen and empower me for the rest of my life.

This is the great mercy of my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, upon me. I can never thank him enough for being so kind to me.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

If you have any questions, please write me at: sda@backtohome.com

My Spiritual Master, Srila Prabhupada, in London

Sankarshan DasAdhikari's Spiritual Master, Srila Prabhupada, in London

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Why Did We Leave the Spiritual World?

Dear Sankarshan Das Prabhu,

Haribol.

Why did we souls in the material universe leave the spiritual universe in the first place?

Mayur

Answer: We Wanted to Become God

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Mayur,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

In this connection Srila Prabhupada explains as follows in his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam, Fourth Canto, Chapter 28, Text 54 as follows:

"The original home of the living entity and the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the spiritual world. In the spiritual world both the Lord and the living entities live together very peacefully. Since the living entity remains engaged in the service of the Lord, they both share a blissful life in the spiritual world. However, when the living entity wants to enjoy himself, he falls down into the material world. "

In conversation recorded in Washington, D.C. on 8 July 1976 Srila Prabhupada also explains:

"So even in the Vaikuntha, if I desire that 'Why shall I serve Krishna? Why not become Krishna?" I immediately fall down. That is natural. A servant is serving the master, sometimes he may think that 'If I could become the master.' They are thinking like that, they are trying to become God. That is delusion. You cannot become God. That is not possible."

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari



Only a Fool Would Want to Leave this World

Only a Fool Would Want to Leave this World

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?