Srila Prabhupada's Appearance Day

My Dearmost Śrīla Prabhupāda,

Please accept my humble obeisances in the dust of your lotus feet.

I can never thank you enough for so kindly picking me up from this rotten material existence by engaging me in the devotional service of Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

As a hippie, a countercultural youth in the 60s and early 70s, I desired to be part of a spiritual revolution that could completely transform our materialistic planetary society creating a new peaceful and loving world social order. And I was doing whatever I thought I could do to help bring about such a transformation. After much search and endeavor it became clear that you were the only person who actually had the vision to successfully bring about such a transformation in the human society. So instead of endeavoring unsuccessfully on my own I became your disciple to assist you in your most powerful world deliverance mission.

You initiated me by a letter you sent me from London, England, dated 12 th August 1971 giving me the name “Sankarshan Dāsa.” (You have written that “Sankarshan” means “one who attracts all living entities.”) When I mailed you my guru-dakṣiṇā I told you of my desire to spread the Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement. In your reply dated 7th September 1971, from London you so wonderfully and graciously instructed me as follows:

“I can see also that you are a very sincere and enthusiastic boy and are anxious for spreading this movement. Those are first class qualifications for making advancement in Kṛṣṇa consciousness. So continue enthusiastically as you are doing and Kṛṣṇa will surely bless you.”

Now, Śrīla Prabhupāda, by your mercy even though my body is 71 years old I am still feeling a youthful energy, an enthusiasm for making the whole world Kṛṣṇa conscious as soon as possible. I also find great strength, transcendental empowerment, in this most sublime instruction you gave in a Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam class in Los Angeles on 17 December 1973:

“So therefore our request is that these Europeans and Americans who have taken to Kṛṣṇa consciousness, just become perfect in the understanding of this science and become guru and deliver the whole world.”

(At that time only Europeans and Americans had joined the movement. This instruction is now applicable for all devotees from all over the world.)

Śrīla Prabhupāda, I do not know how much longer I will remain in my present body. I could die at any minute. But my humble request to you and Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa is that I may remain in this material world birth after birth until your most sublime Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement becomes fully successful in delivering the world as per you order to us. In other words, when I go back to Godhead I want to be able to give you the saṅkīrtana report that now, by your mercy, the whole world has become Kṛṣṇa conscious.

Thank you again and again millions upon millions of times for so kindly saving me from this most hellish material existence.
Your grateful servant of your servants,

Sankarshan Dāsa Adhikārī

Here is the link for you to download the Vyas Puja homages from Srila Prabhupada's disciples:www.sptributes.com/download/698/

Srila Prabhupada Vyasa Puja--1972

Srila Prabhupada Vyasa Puja--1972

Video for the Day

The Most Holy Appearance Day of Srila Prabhupada


Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: How Long to Become Free From Karma

In the process of bhakti how long does it take for one to become completely free from all of his karma?

Sam Patel

Answer: Depends On One's Determination

That depends on one's determination. The perfection of bhakti, which is total surrender to Lord Krishna and which immediately frees one from heaps and heaps of accumulated karma, can be attained in one moment or it can take millions of lifetimes. It is totally up to the individual if and when he is ready to totally surrender to Lord Sri Krishna. One who is serious about doing this follows Lord Krishna’s instruction to take shelter of a bona fide spiritual master who then guides him how to master the art of bhakti.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?