Don't Kill Your Mother

Would you kill your mother and eat her flesh after she stops breast feeding you? So how can anyone in their right mind kill their second mother, the cow, when her breast milk dries up. The karma that the modern day society is accruing by cow killing is killing the human civilization. Therefore cow killing can rightly be described as suicidal. When will the fools wake up and realize that they have to stop killing the cows?

"Please Don't Kill Me"

"Please Don't Kill Me"

Video for the Day


Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: No Job. What to Do?

Dear Guru Maharaja,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
I am trying to be a servant of Krishna. But recently I have lost my job and am unable to find new one. This is affecting my devotion so much so that sometimes I am asking Krishna to help me get a job. I know this is wrong, but I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Regards
R.K.

Answer: Pray for Pure Devotion

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Devotee,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Lord Sri Krishna assures us in Bhagavad-gita, Chapter 9, Text 22:

ananyāś cintayanto māṁ
ye janāḥ paryupāsate
teṣāṁ nityābhiyuktānāṁ
yoga-kṣemaṁ vahāmy aham

"For those who always worship Me with exclusive devotion, meditating on My transcendental form—to them I carry what they lack, and I preserve what they have."

You are having difficulty because instead of approaching Krishna exclusively for devotion, you are asking Him for a job. The correction for this mistake is that you should now only pray to Him to make you His pure devotee. When you do this Krishna will arrange for you to get a job.

We do not need to pray to God to provide us with our material necessities. If we will simply fully surrender unto Him, He will personally see that all our material necessities are taken care of.
I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?