The Most Powerful Person in the World

In his purport to Sri Caitanya Caritamrita, Adi Lila, Chapter 7, Text 83 my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta
Swami Prabhupada writes:

"A sincere student aurally receives the holy name from the spiritual master, and after being initiated he follows the regulative principles given by the spiritual master. When the holy name is properly served in this way, automatically the spiritual nature of the holy name spreads; in other words, the devotee becomes qualified in offenselessly chanting the holy name. When one is completely fit to chant the holy name in this way, he is eligible to make disciples all over the world, and he actually becomes jagad-guru. Then the entire world, under his influence, begins to chant the holy names of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra."

Just see the great power of purely chanting Hare Krishna! By this pure chanting one becomes the most powerful person in the world, a person who influences the entire world to dive into the unlimitedly sweet ocean of:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama
Rama Rama, Hare Hare

When the Whole World Chants Hare Krishna Everyone Will Be Happy


Video for the Day

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: Am I Your Disciple?

Guru Maharaja, Hare Krishna!
Please accept my humble obeisances.
Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

I understand the requirements for initiation: six months of consistency in 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra daily and following the four regulative principles. Then I can formally initiated by a spiritual master. I will be 100% by January 1.

Will you act as my spiritual master? I truly feel in my heart that it is right.

Is it only proper to call oneself a disciple after initiation?

Your eternal servant,

Jane Harper

Answer: You Are My Aspiring Disciple

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Jane,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

There are two kinds of spiritual masters: siksha guru, the instructing spiritual master, and diksha guru, the initiating spiritual master. Generally the instructing spiritual master becomes one's initiating spiritual master when one takes initiation.

Regarding our relationship, since you are taking instructions and guidance from me I am already your spiritual master, your instructing guru. Then when you take initiation from me, in addition to my being your instructing guru I will also be your initiating guru.

Since you are not yet initiated by me, but are aspiring to be initiated by me, you are my aspiring disciple.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?