Beware of False Gurus

We are presently in the Kali Yuga, the age of quarrel and hypocrisy. This is an age when cheating and false propaganda is running rampant all over the world. This cheating is manifest in all aspects of society: business, political, spiritual, education, entertainment, inter-personal relationships, etc. Thus in the matter of self-realization it is extremely easy to be misguided by charlatans who advertise themselves as bona fide spiritual masters. I know this very well from my own personal experience of being grossly misguided by gurus who said that we are all God and by a guru who charged me an initiation fee and gave me a mantra that had no potency to deliver from the realm of suffering, i.e. this material world. But by God's grace because I was sincerely seeking his merciful guidance I was blessed by being connected with a bona fide spiritual master, HIs Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who has totally transformed my life by delivering me from the realm of endless suffering and taken me into the realm of unlimited eternal spiritual bliss.

He most mercifully accepted me as his disciple in a letter he wrote to me from London, England on 12 August 1971 giving me the spiritual name "Sankarshan Das," which means "servant of the incarnation of God named Sankarshan." Later on when reading in the Srimad Bhagavatam (Chapter Summary of the 5th Canto, Chapter 25) I discovered that "Sankarshan" means "one who attracts all living beings," I became very much happy and satisfied because this has always been my desire from the very beginning of my spiritual life, to attract the whole world to Krishna consciousness.

My Simply Wonderful Spiritual Master, Srila Prabhupada

My Simply Wonderful Spiritual Master, Srila Prabhupada








Video for the Day

Don't Be Cheated

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: ​​​​​​​How to Respond to Those Who Deny Authority?​​​

Namaste Swami ji. My heartfelt gratitude and respect to you and the ISKCON community. I just have one question. Sometimes people around me try to provoke me by saying all gurus and communities are false and I should not believe in any of them. Should I answer these people, and if yes, then how?

Shubham Bansal

Answer: Deny Their Authority

From: Kaunas, Lithuania
My Dear Shubham,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

According to their philosophy all gurus are false. Guru means one who gives you instructions. Therefore according to them their instructions are false and should not be followed. Because they deny all authority, their authority should also be denied, according to their philosophy.

So you can tell them that according to their teachings they are teaching falsely and that therefore you will follow their advise not to listen to them.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?