The Disappearance Day of Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati

Today is the disappearance day His Divine Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami Maharaja. Srila Prabhupada told us many things about his beloved Guru Maharaja. Here are two pastimes that he described in Los Angeles on December 9, 1968:

When he was a child two, three years old, he ate one mango fruit which was kept for offering to the Deity. So his father mildly rebuked him, "Oh, you have done a very wrong thing. It was meant for Deity, and you have taken it. You should not have done it." The child was two or three years old. He took it so seriously that never after that he took mango. Whenever we offered him mango he said, "No, I am offender. I cannot take mango." He was thinking like that, you see. Never in his life he took a mango. He was thinking that "I offended in my childhood by taking the mango of the Deity." This is the characteristic of acarya. They teach by their life's action that one should be so much determined, that one should not be... A child took the mango, there was no offense. But he took that vow.

Another instance, in my presence. At that time, we were also young men, and one of my Godbrothers, his name is Dr. Oul Bihari Kapoor... He's now retired in Vrindavana, last time I saw him. He was also young man, and his wife was also young. So we were sitting together, talking with Guru Maharaja, and the girl proposed, "My dear master, I want to speak with you." So Guru Maharaja said, "Yes, you can talk whatever you like." So she said, "I want to talk with you secretly, not in the presence of everyone." Guru Maharaja said, "No. I cannot talk with you secretly. You can talk in the presence of my all other disciples." So even that girl was just like his granddaughter by age calculation, he refused to talk with a young woman in a secret place. These are the instances.

-----------

We are eternally indebted to these great acharyas for delivering us from this material existence.

His Divine Grace Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami

His Divine Grace Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami

Video For the Day: Course Promotion #4

 Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Experience Krishna?

How can I practically experience in my life that Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead? The very creation is behind Krishna. So who is there behind Krishna?

Hare Krishna,
Karigouda

Answer: Give Yourself to Him

By fully surrendering to Krishna you will experience Him everywhere as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. There is no one behind Krishna because He is original source of everything.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?