Anxiety Not Due to External Circumstances

Here is powerful quote from Srila Prabhupada to help us understand that whatever anxiety we are experiencing in our present circumstances is not due to those circumstances. Rather it is simply due to our lack of Krishna consciousness.

Srila Prabhupada wrote from Bombay, India as follows to his disciple Madhukara Das on 4 January 1973:

"One mistake of judgment often made by the neophyte devotees is that any time there is some disturbance or some difficulty they are considering that the conditions or the external circumstances under which the difficulty took place are the cause of the difficulty itself. That is not the fact. In this material world there is always some difficulty, no matter in this situation or that situation. Therefore simply by changing my status of occupation or my status of life, that will not help anything. Because the real fact is that if there is any difficulty with others, that is my lack of Krishna consciousness, not theirs. Is this clear?"

There is a great lesson to be derived from this. In all circumstances, both the so-called pleasant and unpleasant, if we will simply always focus on increasing our Krishna consciousness, our hearts will be dancing in ecstasy at every minute.

Image

Video for the Day:Beyond the Doggish Civilization

Answers According to Vedic Knowledge

Question: Marriage and Children Required?

Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I joined Krishna consciousness 2 months ago and your course today from a recommendation by a friend. I am very lucky to have such a good friend who sent me your course info and who has finally put me on the right path!

I have been reading Srila Prabhupada's books and listening to lectures of Srila Prabhupada. I find the philosophy perfect and would like to make this current life perfect and go back home. From my understanding, all it requires is taking initiation, following guru's instructions, and strive to be a perfect devotee of Lord Krishna as much as possible.

One thing I have learned from the books is not to get entangled. Sure, I am a college graduate, have a job to pay loans, but why am I forced by others to getting married and get further entangled? So my questions are:

- Is marriage required in Krishna consciousness?
- Is it required for one to have children?

Yes, you can have a Krishna conscious wife and children, but from the material side, there are so many headaches which I simply would like to avoid.

I humbly request your guidance.
Jay D.

Answer: Only Krishna Consciousness is Required

From: Vacoas, Mauritius

My Dear Jay,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Marriage is not required. And even if one is married, children are not required. We have only requirement in life. And that is to fully surrender to Lord Sri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead under the expert guidance of the bona fide spiritual master.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?