Love Krishna's Devotees

Sometimes neophyte devotees think that one should not love devotees, that one should only love Krishna. But this is not what Krishna says. Krishna clearly describes to Arjuna as follows as quoted in the Adi Purana:

ye me bhakta-janāḥ pārtha
na me bhaktāś ca te janāḥ
mad-bhaktānāṁ ca ye bhaktās
te me bhakta-tamā matāḥ

“Those who are My direct devotees are actually not My devotees, but those who are the devotees of My servant are factually My devotees."

This verse is so important that it was quoted by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in His conversation with Ramananda Raya. Krishna is telling us that unless we have love and devotion for His devotees we have no love and devotion for Him. Therefore anyone who wants to awaken in their heart pure love for Lord Sri Krishna must necessarily master the art of purely loving Krishna's devotees. For without loving Krishna's devotees there is no question of loving Krishna. This is simply impossible.

Lord Caitanya Enlightens Ramananda Raya

Lord Caitanya Enlightens Ramananda Raya

Video For the Day: Perfect Your Existence. Harmonize with Krishna

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Control the Mind?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,

Hare Krishna!

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to you and to Gurumataji!
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I want to know how the method of beating the mind one hundred times with a shoe is applied. How to reject constant mind's proposals?

Seeking your advise,
Your student
Ruta

Answer: Ask Krishna to Help

Every time you see that your mind is getting off the track pray to Krishna, “My dear Lord Sri Krishna, please bless me that my mind will always remained absorbed in thoughts of You." If you will sincerely pray this way whenever your mind is deviated, you will quickly master the art of controlling your mind.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?