Surprise Nectar at the Mumbai Airport

16 October 2013--We got a wonderful surprise a few minutes ago as we were clearing customs at the Mumbai airport. The customs official chanted Hare Rama, Hare Krishna when I approached him with my passport. Then he asked me if I knew a bhajan. So I immediately started loudly singing Jaya Radha Madhava with great enthusiasm. He and other customs officials at other desks were delighted to hear the glories of Lord Sri Krishna. They all smiled very nicely with great appreciation. Even though modern India is too much covered by sense gratification and so-called material advancement it is wonderful that there is still so much Krishna consciousness here.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srimad Bhagavatam Class
New Vedic Culture Center--Pune, India--15 October 2013

Sankarshan Das Srimad Bhagavatam Class  at Pune

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Do You Chant Hare Krishna Japa?

After five months of continuous japa chanting, I've had problems in my life now since I stopped. Do you chant? Maybe you don't have time.

Saulius

Answer: Every Day for the Last Forty-Two Years

I have been chanting at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra on japa mala beads every day for the last 42 years, ever since the day I attended the Lord Caitanya Festival in Dallas, Texas, USA in the spring of 1971. Time or no time I always make the time to chant. It is more important than eating because eating only feeds the body while chanting feeds the soul.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?