On the Road Again with Improved Health

21 June 2013--After I reported the setback I experienced with my hearing due to my already damaged ears being within several feet of a super loud blast of feedback from a sound amplifier, I received a tremendous outpouring of love from so many disciples and well-wishers all over the world. My thanks to all of you who were concerned, especially for your sweet words of compassion.

By Krishna's grace after many days my hearing is gradually improving. Just as one when gets cut, in course of time the wound slowly heals, in a similar way gradually my ears are gaining strength. By the Lord's sweet mercy I will be able to continue travelling and spreading the message of Krishna around the globe. Tonight we are heading out after midnight on a red-eye overnight flight for several days of lecturing in an undisclosed location before we head on to Melbourne, Australia. The bliss of Krishna consciousness remains in the same through all the ups and downs of material existence. There is nothing so wonderful and extraordinary as Krishna consciousness

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

"Haze Was So Thick I Could Smell the Smoke." From Intentional Burn-Down-the-Forest-for-Agriculture Fires in Indonesia Subang Jaya, Malaysia--21 June 2013

Agriculture Fires in Indonesia

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Am I Qualified to Distribute Books?

I have a large box full of booklets called "Krishna Reservoir of Pleasure." I had intended on distributing them, but I got to thinking that I am not qualified. Then I begin to wonder if that was really true or if I was just being lazy. So I thought I would ask someone who knows these types of things: you.

I am 56 years old, never been initiated, live a few hundred miles from a temple, can't relocate, am a householder etc. I keep to the four principles and read Srila Prabhupada's books every day. I started chanting when I was 12 years old, and have off and on for most of my life since that time.

What should I do?

Thank You
Matthew

PS I love the daily articles, I have a little more trouble keeping up with the lessons but I do read them.

Answer: You Are More Than Qualified

Since you know that Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, you are more than qualified to represent Him. Therefore you should distribute Prabhupada’s books as much as possible in your town to save the people from going down to the animal kingdom in their next birth.

Approach everyone and offer them a book. Ask everyone who accepts a book if they would like to give an optional donation to help you give out more books to others. Many people will give. In this way you can fund an unending program of distributing Prabhupada’s books.

For more tips on book distribution kindly consult:

http://iskconbookdistribution.com

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?