Do You Want Unlimited Happiness?

Do you want to be happy, fully happy, unlimitedly happy? Do want to have a heart that is completely free from lust, anger, greed, madness, illusion, and envy? If so, you should try chanting Hare Krishna because this is the ultimate mantra for awakening the divine, unlimitedly blissful consciousness within you. All you have to do is chant this sublime mantra every day with faith, and you will then witness the most amazing transcendental metamorphosis of your consciousness as it becomes gradually more and more Krishnized:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Super Ecstatic Home Program Rose-Hill, Mauritius--4 June 2013

Sankarshan Das in Super Ecstatic Home Program

Super Ecstatic Home Program Rose Hill, Mauritius

Sankarshan Das at RoseHill, Mauritius home program

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Doubt About Selfishness

Hare Krishna, Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories unto you and Guru Mataji.

I was just reading Lesson C131 when I got this doubt. Though I understand that pure bhakti means selfless service to Krishna, but at least in the initial stages like that of mine, it doesn't seem so.

For example, when I chant or read, I do it more because I find myself peaceful when I do it or I like doing it. Actually, for every mahamantra I chant, or for any service I do, I do not think that Krishna will be pleased; rather I feel this lifestyle is far more peaceful and enjoyable than a materialistic life and hence I'm practicing Krishna consciousness. (Sometimes I have felt Krishna will be pleased, but that's very rare). Also, I'm following it to prevent myself from taking birth in the animal kingdom in subsequent births. So, this is also selfishness? How to change my attitude?

Your aspiring servant,
D.

Answer: Accelerated Krishna Consciousness

Such selfishness is good. You are practicing Krishna consciousness because it gives you peace of mind and because you know that it will save you from gliding down to the animal kingdom in your next birth. Practicing Krishna bhakti in this way will lead you gradually to pure devotional service. But if you will pray to Krishna, regularly begging Him to help you perform devotional service simply for pleasing Him, you will become much stronger and happier in your service to Lord Krishna. If you pray in this way, your advancement along the path of bhakti will become greatly accelerated.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?