My Birthday

1 November 2010--Today is the 10th day of the holy month of Kartik. It is also the day of my birth according to the lunar calendar. Since I took birth in 1947, I am now 63 years old. I pray that this human body which the Lord has so kindly given me can be so fully absorbed in the His service, that I will not be obliged to ever accept another material body again.

Many people think of retiring when they reach their mid-sixties, but I always remember how Srila Prabhupada started a world wide spiritual movement at the age of 70. So considering Srila Prabhupada's example, 63 is still young. In fact, Srila Prabhupada explains that if one is Krishna consciousness, he can work with the energy of a young man even when he is 80 years old. I pray that this Hare Krishna movement will be so successful that I will see that the entire world has become Krishna conscious before I leave my present body.

Today my disciples all over the world are honoring their spiritual master as the current representative of Srila Vyasadeva, the literary incarnation of God, who compiled the Vedic wisdom. While I do not consider myself worthy of such honor and respect, it is my duty as a representative of my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, to accept their love and devotion and offer it to him.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

2010 Vyas Puja Celebration--Kaunas, LithuaniaSankarshan Das 2010 Vyas Puja Celebration

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Fully Absorb Mind in Krishna's Name?

Dear teacher:

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Is it that we can not 100% focus on the sound vibration of Hare Krishna mantra unless and until we come to the pure platform? If so, what does the instruction "fully absorb yourself in Hare Krishna mantra" mean when we aren't able to do it? This instruction is everywhere. Does it mean we should try our level best? I'm confused by this for a long time. Please kindly explain.

Your humble servant
Yechen Zhang

Answer: Gradually Step by Step

If you try your best to fully absorb yourself in Krishna's name, you will come to highest degree of absorption that you are able to muster. This is why we tell you to fully absorb yourself in the name. Even if you can only absorb yourself 1% in the name, do that, and then by the power of the name you will brought gradually to 2%. From there to 3%, etc all the way eventually to 100%, the perfectional stage of chanting.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?