Where is Our Modern Civilization Heading?

Here is very illustrative story told by Srila Prabhupada in a Srimad Bhagavatam class in Los Angeles on May 27, 1972:

Nature gave us the opportunity to realize God, but God-realization is meant for human being. The human being, if he does not realize God, he's simply engaged in animalistic way of life—eating, sleeping, mating—then nature will call, "All right, sir, again become animal." Punar mūṣiko bhava: "Again become a mouse." You know this story? Punar mūṣiko bhava. There is a story. There is a very nice story. One rat, mouse, he came to a saintly person. Everyone comes to saintly person for some blessing, you see. Real blessing they don't want. Some material blessing. Real blessing, Kṛṣṇa, they don't want. If you give him some blessing that "You become very rich man and..." These... they'll be very much pleased. are all very well, this. So this mouse also came and begged the saintly person, "Sir, I am in difficulty. If you give me some blessing?"
"What is that?"
"The cat chases after me always. I'm very unhappy."
"So what do you want?"
"Now, if you make me a cat, then I can get relief from this."
"All right, you become cat." So he became cat.
So after few days, again he comes. "Sir, again I am in trouble."
"What is that?"
"The dog is chasing me." (laughter) Don't laugh, hear seriously. "Dog is chasing me."
"All right, then, what do you want?"
"Now, make me a tiger."
"All right, you become a tiger."
So when he became a tiger he was staring on the saintly person like this.
So he asked, "Why you are staring upon me? You want to eat me?"
"Yes."
So he again curses, punar mūṣiko bhava: "Again you become mouse. Again you become mouse."

So that is our position. We are advanced in civilization. Now we want to kill God. So we are again going to be uncivilized, to remain in the forest and to remain naked. Actually, they are practicing that: nature's life. So again they are going to be aborigines.

=======end of story===

This is where our modern day ever-increasingly godless civilization is heading. When the petroleum runs out everything will break down and people will resort to cannibalism in order to survive. The only thing that can save us from this horrible fate is to make the whole world Krishna conscious as soon as possible.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Your Neighbor Will Be Coming to Eat You

Civilization heading toward cannibalism

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Glorify You?

Hare Krishna.
Dandwat pranaam
Kindly accept my humble obeisances.

You are a pure devotee who is not having any iota of material desires. You are completed absorbed to remember about the lotus feet of Krsna and you have taken the words of your Spiritual Master as life and soul.
How can I glorify such an exalted devotee like you?
I am useless fellow who is dependent on your mercy. Once again, you are sending message after correction. I do not have words to glorify you.
Kindly accept my humble request and obeisances to guide useless people like me.

Your insignificant servant,
Natha Nistha Das

Answer: Attend My Vyas Puja in India

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Natha Nistha,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You can attend my Vyas Puja celebration that will be held in Vrindavan on 20 October.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Urgent World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this most urgent world deliverance mission to save the suffering humanity from gliding down to the animal kingdom in their next births.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?