Sankirtan Report from Mahabhagavat Das

I just received the following sankirtan report from my disciple, His Grace Mahabhagavat Das. It was so wonderful that I just had to share it with you.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

His Grace Mahabhagavata Das

His Grace Mahabhagavata Das

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Sankirtan Report from Mahabhagvat Das

Dear Devotees,

Hare Krishna!

Please kindly accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I pray that you are all well and in good health and spirits.

By your blessings I am able to participate in this Hare Krishna movement, despite my disqualifications. Thank you!

Summary:
Aug 8 2021 - Temple Distribution
Aug 9 2021 - Old City Hall Sankirtan
Aug 14 2021 - Temple Padayatra, Kirtan, and Book Distribution
Aug 16 2021 - Old City Hall Harinam & Book Distribution
Aug 22 2021 - Temple Distribution on Balaram Purnima
Aug 23 2021 - Old City Hall Harinam
Aug 30 2021 - Janmashtami! Concordia University Harinam with ISKCON Montreal Devotees
Aug 30-Sep 5 - Book distribution in Quebec
Sep 10 2021 - Old City Hall Harinam with Sriman Nick
Sep 17 2021 - Old City Hall Harinam
Sep 20 2021 - Old City Hall Harinam with Pirasan
Aug - Sep 2021 - Online Book Distribution
-------------------------------------
Total 12 Outings

It has been a fun-filled Sankirtan time! My job downtown has proven to be a great blessing. And because I am going out consistently, first once a week and then more recently twice a week, devotees are joining me now and then. I meet a lot of regulars, get much encouragement and support, and am feeling very blessed in general.

Even though I say "Harinam", invariably books get distributed even without actively trying, though if I had more help, then we could easily try to distribute on the street to passersby.

Some experiences that stood out!

Downtown Montreal! The devotees at ISKCON Montreal, inspired by Gokulananda Prabhu and coordinated by Bhakta Samuel, go out on Harinm and Book Distribution 6 days a week, and they have been doing this for about 3 years consistently now. They have a beautiful multicultural group that goes out right to the centre of Montreal, across from the entrance to Concordia University's downtown campus! It is such a great spot! Along with many dedicated Harinam enthusiasts, they also have several dedicated book distributors. Out there, being Janmashtami, I was able to get a quick connection with all the Indians on the street with a simple script "Today is Janmashtami, we're inviting everyone to come to the temple for a program." and later "And won't you make a donation to the temple for Janmashtami?", followed by a book distributed. Many of those souls showed up for the festival too. The festival was grand with thousands of devotees attending all day long. Their Kirtans are especially ecstatic. The celebration of Srila Prabhupada's Vyasa Puja was very grand also, with a beautiful fully inclusive celebration! It was such a privilege experiencing the love and personal interactions of the devotees in Montreal, very grateful to Gokulananda Prabhu, Mother Nandini Radha (yes, our own little Mata), Bhakta Samuel and all the devotees there for letting us into their circle, even though I may be undeserving.

Sriman Nick is a very sweet devotee and had promised to join me on a Friday, and he did! He saw his former boss at work passing by - this gentleman had helped him acquire his first Mridanga, and he stayed with us for the Harinam! He had joined me before too, and it was a sweet outing!

Sriman Pirasan is a very enthusiastic and energetic devotee. He is greatly inspired by Srila Prabhupada and his followers. We met him when we went to the Lakshmi Narayan temple in Scarborough for the 2021 Jagannath Ratha Yatra, where he is a dedicated and loved servitor. We kept in touch, and on Bhadra Purnima, inspired by Vaisesika Prabhu's class online, he wanted to do something to "give Krishna" to others. He sang and danced happily almost nonstop through the Harinam, his first outing, and we distributed several books together too. He is carefully reading Srila Prabhupada's unedited books and is very kind and humble, an asset to our world. May Lord Chaitanya grant him ever increasing taste to spread the Hare Krishna movement!

One young man, I saw him dancing to the Harinam from across the street - he came close, hesitated, and jumped for joy when I waved at him to join us, and then he came, danced a most enthusiastic dance, and left with a book and the widest smile you could imagine. Pirasan distributed a book to him btw!
During the above ecstatic Harinam, one soul with a guitar came and asked us if we were busking or selling anything. I gave him a Chant and Be Happy which he took with great pleasure and said "for that my friend I will give you a toonie", and offered a donation. He refused to join us "I do my own thing man". He then sat down and smoked his poison nearby looking through is book till the Harinam concluded and then began busking. Nico is a fortunate soul to have expressed appreciation for the Harinam and donated to Lord Chaitanya's mission. Surely the Lord will bless him.

There were many more beautiful interactions I was blessed with, including blessings one day from an elderly Bangladeshi Muslim woman... she was passing by with her entire brood of so many girls and young ladies when I smiled, bowed a bit, joined my palms as a sign of respect, she immediately raised her arms in blessing and started uttering some prayers/mantras according to her Islamic tradition with a BIG smile on her face. Quite clearly, the etiquette of respecting elders is a dying practice in Canada, but anyone who practices this is sure to receive many divine gifts.

One interesting thing - I often ask devotees for gifts in the form of Srila Prabhupada's books to distribute... one devotee, Aaron Joy from the United States wrote to me a kind letter enclosing a "Life Comes from Life" and other gifts including a handwritten letter! That was so touching that someone would take the time and trouble to help push forward the Harinam Sankirtan movement of Lord Chaitanya! All of his effort, the $20 in postage, and his appreciation, are his eternal assets! May Sri Krishna shower him with his mercy!

Through my website, through referrals, I am blessed with more Sankirtan conversations than I can properly manage, and so I have to find ways to be creative... distributing Prasada, offering a kind word, and being kind while sharing Srila Prabhupada's wisdom without dilution is what I strive for, and usually it is met with great reciprocation!

And if you go out on Sankirtan, the whole Universe will be kind to you, and you will be showered by all good fortune, because Krishna is the Master of the all Universes.

Let me know if anyone would like to join me on Harinam Sankirtan downtown, I usually go out on Mondays and Fridays closer to the end of day, around 4:30 is the usual time, but if you're coming, please check with me beforehand, as the timing and location could change.

Followup continues, and I'm blessed with many wonderful conversations with sincere souls making their way to Krishna's lotus feet all over the world. Begging for their blessings too!

Praying to be always out on Harinam Sankirtan, or at least be in Harinam Sankirtan consciousness 24X7, this is my humble desire, though I must admit that unfortunate as I am, I still maintain all sorts of material attachments. Please bless me.

your servant,
Mahabhagavat Das
dasadas.com

Reply: I Am Most Pleased With You

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Mahabhagavat,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am most pleased with you for desire to distribute Krishna consciousness to the sleeping souls of this Kali yuga and for your exuberant, exemplary preaching activities. If all devotees had your moden our movement would expand rapidly all over the world.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
By the blessings and the order of his spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Sankarshan Das Adhikari is a bona fide spiritual master with tens of thousands of students and disciples all over the world. Since he has been blessed by his spiritual master with the formula for solving all of the world's problems both individually and collectively he is thus endeavoring to attract the whole world to pay serious heed to these teachings, which if followed will make everyone happy and usher in a most glorious new enlightened era in global history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?