Can You Help with the Milk Book?

My beloved senior Godbrother, His Holiness Mukunda Maharaja, is in the process of writing a book on the benefits of drinking milk. On 9 September he wrote me as follows:

Dear Sankarshan Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Srila Prabhupada made many statements about cow's milk being beneficial for the human brain. I am planning a book presenting evidence for this. A tentative title for the book is "The Human Brain and Cow Milk"; working sub-titles: "A Statement by The International Society for Krishna Consciousness" or "A Statement by The Bhaktivedanta Institute". I envision a 200+- page book with detailed scientific, nutritional, medical and technical information, proving or at least intimating that milk can be good for the human brain.

It would be written by people who have medical credentials, preferably MDs in the US or anyone anywhere now practising medicine with the necessary credentials. People with PhD degrees in diet and nutrition, and related disciplines, could also be authors. It would be in the realm of a position paper. The writers would have to be initiated devotees or those seriously aspiring to be initiated or anyone who has a mature understanding of the Krsna consciousness philosophy. The book could be written by two or more authors. The book would have to address the concepts of lactose intolerance, raw vs. industrialized milk, non-cow milk - from both plants (almond milk, soy milk, etc.) and animals (goat, buffalo, camel, etc.) as well as other issues, such as ethical concerns. Also, there would need to be an explanation of pasteurization, homogenization, cold-pressed milk and the custom of boiling milk before drinking and other issues.

Do you know of any devotees or friends of ISKCON who have these kinds of credentials and who are practising medicine or working in diet and nutrition, who might be interested in this project? If you do, please put them in touch with me by giving me his or her contacts, but please keep my email address strictly confidential. I look forward to hearing any questions or thoughts you may have about this project, and it is my earnest hope that you will contact me soon.

Note: If you find an interested person/people, please give me his/her/their contact info (email and phone number) so I can make contact I want to see this project well underway before I leave the planet. Please help me. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

your servant,
Mukunda Goswami
----------------------------------
So if you any of you, my dear readers, are in a position to assist with this book as described above by Mukunda Maharaja, please let me know and I will relay your contact information to Mukunda Maharaja.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Cow's Milk is the Miracle Food Given by God

Cow's Milk is the Miracle Food Given by God
Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Avoid Useless Talks?

Dear Prabhu,

I am a second year college student. For many months now during the Covid 19 lockdown I have been facilitated to observe silence and and deprive myself of unnecessary conversations. Thus I feel more at peace and incredibly poised in mind.

Nevertheless, my concern is that, when my college reopens my friends will find it uncanny that I don't talk a lot or engage in useless chat anymore. I am afraid I may be taunted or even come across as strange. Please clear my dilemma. I am a firm believer in quietness in mind and filling it with thoughts of Sri Krishna.

Yours sincerely,
Nivasi Nigamalaya Drisht

Answer: Talk About Krishna's Teachings

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Nivasi,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

In this connection it is sometimes said, "It is folly to be wise in that place where ignorance is bliss." So I appreciate very much your silence because of not wanting to talk nonsense.

However, the greatest form of silence is to talk about Krishna. So if you will carefully study the Bhagavad-gita and share what you are learning with your friends, you will be rendering them the greatest service and you will discover a reservoir of unlimited peace and happiness within your heart.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
By the blessings and the order of his spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Sankarshan Das Adhikari is a bona fide spiritual master with tens of thousands of students and disciples all over the world. Since he has been blessed by his spiritual master with the formula for solving all of the world's problems both individually and collectively he is thus endeavoring to attract the whole world to pay serious heed to these teachings, which if followed will make everyone happy and usher in a most glorious new enlightened era in global history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?