Distributing Srila Prabhupada's Books is the Greatest Adventure!

Today I want to share you this wonderful report from Bhakta Blaise who is regularly distributing Srila Prabhupada's books here in Austin, Texas.

Report from Bhakta Blaise:

Hare Krishna! Dear Vaisnavas, please accept my most humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

This is Blaise from Austin, Texas, I would like to share a recent sankirtan experience that was total nectar!

I had just arrived at a parking lot in North Austin, and had just packed my bags up with books to distribute. The first person I see is directly in front of me in a truck. He seemed like a person that could be preached to, so I decided to not hesitate and just jump right in.

When I got close I waved, and said hello and he immediately replied "Not interested!" Krishna blessed me with an enthusiastic mood that day, so I decided to not take no for an answer. I said to him, "But you don't even know what I have!" He still replied, "I'm not interested." I again said "But you don't know what I have!" He then said something along the lines of, "I don't care, you just want my money." Then Krishna blessed me again by giving me the intelligence to see that I should be a little more calm and loving with him, so I said back, "No I don't want your money, I am actually a monk. I am just trying to make the world a better place." I pulled out a book and showed it to him and said, "This book teaches you how to always be happy, to never have another bad day." He then said, "I already don't have bad days." Krishna struck me with His mercy again and inspired me to say, "This book helps you never even have a bad moment!" He rolled his eyes and said "No way." I handed him the book and said, "I'm serious, take a look, we actually don't sell them please take it." As soon as he touched the book the whole mood changed, he asked, "What do you want for it?" I knew he would think I was a scammer if I was too pushy for a donation so I said, "If you'd like, you can leave a donation," and he immediately pulled out his wallet and gave! I was then able to preach to him more about the philosophy and how I was not lying, that it can help you achieve eternal happiness, and he listened with attention! He later admitted that as soon as he saw the book he knew I wasn't trying to cheat him. Just see the transcendental mystic power of Srila Prabhupada's books! This man was able to make more spiritual advancement in 5 minutes time then most jīvas do in 1,000 HUMAN lifetimes by simply seeing one of these books!

One thing that I learned from this experience is that Srila Prabhupada's books sell themselves! There is really nothing I can do except try my best to represent them and beg Krishna to help.

I would also like to add, you may be thinking that this was some very big attractive book like "Bhagavad Gita As It Is", or "The Science of Self-Realization," but believe it or not it was the small introduction book, "The Path of Perfection!" These books, even the small introductions, hold a very special potency.

Thank you for reading this experience, I hope it can inspire you even the smallest amount. Thank you, dear Vaisnavas, for inspiring this nonsense fellow to spread this Krishna consciousness movement. I would not be able to do so if it were not for your sincerity. Seeing devotees dedicated to this path gives me hope that one day I may also be sincere.

Hare Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, Bhakta Blaise, for sharing this nectar with us!

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Bhakta Blaise

Bhakta Blaise

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Your Teachings and the Teachings of Jesus?

What are some similarities between the teachings of Jesus and your teachings, dear Gurudeva?

Göran Holm

Answer: The Same

We both teach the same thing, that we must fully surrender ourselves unto God.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
By the blessings and the order of his spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Sankarshan Das Adhikari is a bona fide spiritual master with tens of thousands of students and disciples all over the world. Since he has been blessed by his spiritual master with the formula for solving all of the world's problems both individually and collectively he is thus endeavoring to attract the whole world to pay serious heed to these teachings, which if followed will make everyone happy and usher in a most glorious new enlightened era in global history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?