9 Year Old Boy's Testimonial

Hare Krishna
Please accept my humble obeisances
All glories to Srila Prabhupada
Hare Krishna!

My name is Aniruddha Keshava Joshi. I am a nine year old home-schooled 3rd grader boy and live with my parents and elder sister. I enrolled with the e-course on August 4th 2014 when I was 7. In 2014, I had just begun my personal e-mail and I wanted to receive e-mails daily. My parents suggested that I could get devotional emails if I registered with the e-course. I agreed with my parents and so from then on, I get the opportunity to learn something unique from the Bhagavad-gita each week. Answering the weekly lesson on time helps me in my English comprehension, understanding Bhagavad-gita better, memorizing 1 verse of Bhagavad Gita weekly, and practice spiritual discipline.

Firstly, my English writing improves a lot because of the e-course designed by His Grace Sankarshan Dasa Adhikari Prabhu. Srila Prabhupada wrote such perfect English in the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, that it enriches my own vocabulary. Also, the commentary that His Grace Sankarshan Dasa Adhikari Prabhu writes before the question assignment gives me new Fancy Nancy words. I use the weekly assignment as my English writing, reading, and comprehension practice for my school requirements.

Secondly, the Ultimate Self Realization course helps me understand Bhagavad-gita much better. His Grace Sankarshan Dasa Adhikari Prabhu's explanations to the particular verse of Bhagavad-gita As It Is help me to comprehend the purports of Srila Prabhupada. When I do not understand any one of the assignments volunteers help me to comprehend the question, giving me a thoughtful hint. This helps me to conceive more information from Srila Prabhupada's purports. The course forces me to think about the purport and understand it.

Thirdly, the e-course provides me an opportunity to memorize one verse of Bhagavad-gita every week. This helps me to defend my practice of Krishna Consciousness when explaining it to an outsider. However, there is a funny downside to memorizing the slokas of Bhagavad-gita. Whenever I am being non-Vaisnava in public, to chastise me, my mother reminds me just a few words of the appropriate sloka and checks me.

Last but not the least, the icing on the cake is that I learn spiritual discipline because of the e-course. Punctuality is a very significant principle in Krishna Consciousness. Srila Prabhupada was very punctual himself, and he stressed the importance of it on his disciples. Similarly, His Grace Sankarshan Dasa Adhikari Prabhu punctually sends the e-course, Thought for the Day with Video for the Day successfully every day. When I answer my weekly lessons on time, I am pleasing Srila Prabhupada and obtaining his blessings.

Considering that my English writing improves, I understand Bhagavad-gita better, memorize one verse of Bhagavad-gita per week, and get the opportunity to practice spiritual discipline, it is very important to me to answer my weekly lesson on time.

Hari Bol
Your humble servant,
Aniruddha Dasa (age 9)

Prabhupada Teaches to Worship Radha and Krishna Together

Prabhupada Teaches to Worship Radha and Krishna Together

Video For the Day: We're Krishnizing the Whole World

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Can Krishna Be Worshipped Alone?

Can Krishna be worshipped alone?

Your student

Answer: We Require to Worship Radha and Krishna Together

Srila Prabhupada teaches us to worship Radha and Krishna together, because it is only by the mercy of Srimati Radharani that one can enter into the confidential understandings of the love of Krishna that is known in Vrindavan only. Worship of Krishna without His hladini sakti, Srimati Radharani, which is found in many places in India, not only in the past but even at present, permits one to enter into the aisvarya mood of worshipping the Supreme Lord in opulence, but not the confidential mood as taught by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. In this connection Srila Prabhupada explains in a lecture he gave in Los Angeles on 13 November 1968:

"Vaisnavas do not worship Krishna alone without Radharani. They do not worship Rama without Sita. They do not worship Narayana without Laksmi, because the Lord and the energy must be there."

Therefore according to the instructions of Srila Prabhupada, one should not worship Krishna alone because Krishna is not complete without Srimati Radharani, as the sun is not complete without the sunshine. One should therefore worship both Radha and Krishna, for together They are the complete Absolute Truth.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?