Bad News Versus Good News

All the news of this material, whether it is good news or bad news, is ultimately bad news because when one's mind is absorbed in the news of the material world he will be obliged to take birth again in this material world. This is why the devotee of the Lord is not so interested in the stale, stagnant news of this material world. He is more interested in the ever-fresh, unlimitedly exciting news of the spiritual world, because one whose mind is absorbed in this transcendental news is automatically qualified to enter into the spiritual world at the time of death.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Radha and Krishna's Ecstatic Toll Pastime

Radha and Krishna's Ecstatic Toll Pastime

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Who is My Spiritual Master?

Hare Krishna, Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Thank you so much for the wonderful service that you faultlessly perform. We are forever indebted to you and Prabhupada for the mercy you impart on us.

I have been practicing to be a devotee under the shelter of ISKCON for close to 4 years now. I chant 16 rounds of Japa, follow the four regulative principles and engage in regular service.

To my misfortune, my Diksha Guru has not been revealed to me yet. Please tell me if it is possible to take shelter of any qualified spiritual master from ISKCON or should I wait for Caitya Guru to direct me.

Another thought was that maybe the Lord feels I am not ready. Please tell me how I would know when I am ready.

Your servant

Answer: Whoever Inspires Your Krishna Consciousness the Most

You are ready for initiation. You do not need any mystical divine revelation for deciding who should be your spiritual master, your diksha (initiating) guru. It is a matter of practicality. To become perfect in devotional service you need to be formally connected with Krishna through initiation by a bona fide spiritual master in an unbroken disciplic succession coming from Krishna. Therefore you should now accept whichever disciple of Srila Prabhupada inspires you the most in your Krishna consciousness as your spiritual master by taking shelter of him and being initiated by him.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?