Amazing Lunch with Jayapataka Swami

During the five days of meetings in Mayapur of GBC's, Gurus, and Sannyasis it was our great surprise and honor on 1 March evening when a disciple of Jayapataka Swami knocked on our door to invite my wife and I to take lunch with His Holiness Jayapataka Swami the following day. Jayapataka Swami is one of the senior most leaders in our movement and is the GBC, the devotee in charge, for ISKCON's Mayapur project. I had no idea who else would be invited. I was wondering if there would be big crowd or not. It turned out to my great satisfaction that there were only five of us invited: my wife and I, Vaisesika Prabhu, Bhurijana Prabhu, and one other devotee whose name I do not know. With a small number of guests we would have more a chance to personally interact with him. Although Jayapataka Swami is physically incapacitated from a severe stroke, he nonetheless so kindly requested us to join him.

When we arrived his disciples greeted us with garlands, a sitting place, and lemonade. We were on the rooftop of the Lotus Building. There was a cool and refreshing breeze, beautiful flowers everywhere, and a marvelous view of the Yoga Pitha temple constructed at the site of Lord Caitanya's appearance, as well as a bird's eye view of the new Temple of the Vedic planetarium, which is currently under construction nearby.

After we sat down before beginning the lunch his disciples washed and dried our hands. The lunch was truly amazing with salad, eight or nine subjis (vegetable preparations), spicy buttermilk, pakoras, chutney, kofta balls, dahi wada, a crispy fried snack, chapatis, puris, dahl (bean soup), rice, misti dahi, laddus, ksira, and to top it all off: pizza. All of us were so full up the neck from the lunch that none of us invited guests took any pizza.

Following the lunch Jayapataka Swami spoke very nicely with us. He first spoke to me calling me "the internet guru." He wanted to know how many people I currently have enrolled in my e-course. I told him,"15,000." He wanted to know how they are joining. I explained to him how many people will forward our emails to their friends and colleagues, who then will also sign up. I mentioned how the course attracted a Hollywood actor who quit Hollywood to become a brahmacari in our Los Angeles temple and then distributed a Bhagavad-gita to former US President, Bill Clinton. Then he spoke with Vaisesika and Bhurijana Prabhus. We all expressed our appreciation for his association. He said that now (referring to his physically handicapped condition) he cannot do much anymore. I told him that he is now preaching through his disciples. I also told him that we are keeping him in our hearts.

All in all it was a very uplifting memorable experience that I will remember and cherish for a long time.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Lunch with His Holiness Jayapataka Swami Mayapur Dhama, West Bengal, India--2 March 2013

Lunch with His Holiness Jayapataka Swami Mayapur Dhama

Honoring Prasadam with Exalted Vaisnavas is the Sweetest Nectar

Honoring Prasadam with Exalted Vaisnavas is the Sweetest Nectar

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Comment: Why I Cancelled my Subscription

I have cancelled my subscription because your course is too Krishna oriented.

Sreedharan

Answer: Thank You for the Best of Compliments

Thank you very much for giving me the best of all compliments. I wish you well in your pursuit of happiness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?