They Carry Prabhupada in Their Hearts

Early Morning, 15 January 2013--As I regularly travel the vast ISKCON world around the globe to lecture on the amazing science of Krishna consciousness I very rarely get the opportunity to associate with the disciples of Srila Prabhupada because at the present time the vast majority of ISKCON devotees are grand disciples of Srila Prabhupada. In other words, most of the devotees nowadays are the disciples of Srila Prabhupada's disciples, not his direct disciples. So when I come to ISKCON New Dwarka here in Los Angeles, where there are so many disciples of Srila Prabhupada, it is always a very, very special treat for me. Already since I have arrived I have been blessed with the association of Ramesvara Prabhu, Madhudvisa Prabhu, and Amarendra Prabhu. As I begin my second day here I look forward to more of such association. This golden association with Srila Prabhupada's direct disciples is becoming rarer and rarer every day as more and more of us gradually depart from this material to enter into the eternal pastimes of Krishna in the spiritual world. Being with them is especially sweet because they always carry Srila Prabhupada in their hearts. Therefore the more I associate with them, the more I can feel the constant presence of Srila Prabhupada in my life.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Were the Jivas Ever Non-existent?

Please accept my humble obeisances.

I have a few questions. Please find some time to answer them.

Krishna is the origin of everything. Does that means there must have been a time when there was no spiritual world, no material world, and nothing except Krishna with all the jivas and His energies and everything in the body of Krishna. Is that correct?

What made Krishna manifest the jivas and the spiritual worlds and material worlds?

Are the jivas and the spiritual worlds and material worlds still emanating from the body of Krishna. Will they continue endlessly, or is it that Krishna has manifested everything that is possible for Him?

I have subscribed to your e-course, and I always look forward to your "Thought for the Day" and the daily question and answer.

Thank you very much.

Brijesh

Answer: The Jivas are Eternally Existing

It is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita that there is no time when the living entities, the jivas, did not exist. Krishna is eternally emanating the living entities and their home, the spiritual world, from His transcendental body. He does this to expand His facility for ecstatic loving relationships. While the spiritual world remains eternally manifested, as a facility for those jivas who desire to try to enjoy separately from the Lord the material world goes through endless cycles of manifestation and non-manifestation.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?