Atheist Who Found Fault with Gita's Certainty

Last Monday I was speaking with a young atheist named Josh who is reading the Bhagavad-gita As It Is that I sold him a while ago. I asked him what he thinks of it. He told me that a had a problem with it's certainty. He found it objectionable that Krishna would speak with certainty as if He knows the truth. Josh told me that he has a problem with anybody who speaks with certainty. When I asked him if he was certain about that, he was defeated. I pointed out to him the hypocrisy of being certain that certainty is wrong, and he admitted the truth of my statement. He then listened respectfully when I explained to him how he should approach the Bhagavad-gita with a non-biased open mind discerning if the reality he sees through the Bhagavad-gita is a clearer, more distinct reality than the one he sees now.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada Offers Respect to Bhagavad-gita

Srila Prabhupada Offers Respect to Bhagavad-gita

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: What Benediction Will You Request?

If God appears in front of you and asks you to request one benediction, what will you ask Him to give you?
-
Anupam Roy

Answer: Pure Devotional Service

I will ask Him to bless me with pure devotional service.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?