Collecting Love on Behalf of Srila Prabhupada

My spiritual master, His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada, has blessed me with so many wonderful disciples from all other the world who genuinely love me and are prepared to do whatever I ask them to do in the service of the Lord. It never ceases to amaze me how they can give me so much loving affection. Sometimes it is so strong that I feel that I am being inundated with an ocean of loving affection.

How am I to take this outpouring of love from their hearts for me? It is truly not something that I deserve. This sweet loving affection that they give me is what my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, deserves instead. Therefore, just as a tax collector collects funds on behalf of the government, my duty as their spiritual master is to be a love collector, collecting their love on behalf of my most beloved Srila Prabhupada. The love that I receive from them is all transferred to Srila Prabhupada. I am sure that he most pleased to see the sublime loving mood of these sincere devotees.

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How You Knew to Ask Me to Write You?

I found your lecture the other night in Ĺ akiai, Lithuania very interesting and inspirational. So I watched some more of your lectures on YouTube. I decided to begin with becoming a vegetarian, but this is really difficult, not because I can't live without meat or something like that, but because I live with my parents. So I have to eat what they want me to eat. They don't want me to refuse eating meat. But I promise, I will try.

I wanted to ask you: Why that night at the lecture did you ask me in particular to write you? I mean there were so many more people there at the lecture. How did you know out of all the people that I was looking for something like this?

Yours faithfully,

Eve

Answer: Krishna Inspired Me to Ask You to Write

Krishna knew that you have a desire to receive spiritual guidance. Therefore he inspired me to ask you to write me. Krishna knows everything about you, even more than you know about yourself. If you will put yourself always under His guidance, by His inconceivable mercy your life will be amazingly transformed. You will be living at every minute in a magical wonderland.

I understand that you want to be a vegetarian but your parents want you to eat meat because they eat it. What you have to do is sincerely explain your desire to your parents. Tell them that you will not be happy eating meat, that you will only be happy if they will let you become a vegetarian. Sincerely explain to them that it breaks your heart that the innocent animals are being killed so that we can enjoy eating their blood and flesh. They initially might become angry and demand that you keep eating meat. But because as your parents they genuinely love you and care about your being happy, if you maintain your desire to become a vegetarian and continue to remind them of your desire, in due course of time they will allow you to become a vegetarian.

Please stay in touch with me regularly so I can continue to guide you step by step on this most sublime pathway of unlimited happiness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?