Am I a Youth or a Senior Citizen?

I am now 65 years old and legally considered to be a senior citizen by the US government. Of course I am referring to the body, not the actual self who is residing within the city of nine gates known as the material body. One of the many things that amazes about the sublime process of Krishna consciousness is that it enables me to completely detach myself from the bodily conception of who I am. Even though I am sitting inside the body of a 65 year old senior citizen I still feel myself to be that 23 year old youth who joined the Hare Krishna movement in the spring of 1971. In fact I feel even more youthful now than I did then because in the last 41 years I have discarded so much psychological garbage that was unnecessarily weighing me down. So if I am to consider whether I am a youth or a senior citizen, the conclusion is that I am an eternal youth inhabitant of the spiritual world presently residing within the body of a senior citizen within this material world.

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Accept the Inconceivable?

Pranam Gurudeva,

Please tell me whether this world is infinite? Is there any end? If yes, what is beyond that? Is the spiritual world unlimited, or is it limited? I want to believe you, but in the Srimad Bhagavatam there are so many stories that seem untrue. Lot of facts are there that you cannot justify. In this situation how can faith arise inside my soul?

Please answer my one more question. Why there are so many Puranas and so many theories of the origin of the universe?

Regards

Aman

Answer: Experience It with Purified Senses

There are fixed dimensions to this material universe in which are currently residing. This material universe is one out of an infinite number of material universes, which together constitute the entire material world. This material world is a one-fourth portion of the entire existence with the three-fourths portion being the spiritual world. In the spiritual world there are an infinite number of spiritual planets called Vaikunthalokas. Out of the infinite number of these Vaikuntha planets there is one planet call Krishnaloka, which is the topmost of all the planets.

The Vedic wisdom is inconceivable because it describes that which is imperceivable by our highly restricted material senses. The only way that you can get beyond your present confused state regarding the Vedic wisdom is to purify your consciousness so that you can directly perceive with your own purified senses all the truths revealed in the profound Vedic wisdom. The purifying process is the sublime bhakti yoga system which is taught by Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad-gita and by the bona fide spiritual master, the pure representative of Lord Krishna.

There are different Puranas for different grades of men: six for those in the mode of ignorance, six for those in the mode of passion, and six for those in mode of goodness. Out of the six sattvic (mode of goodness) Puranas there is one Purana which is in pure goodness, the Bhagavat Purana or Srimad Bhagavatam. From its very beginning it completely rejects all sort of religious activities that are materially motivated and propounds the highest truth as reality distinguished from illusion for the welfare of all. This spotless Purana is especially meant for those who desire to get out of the material entanglement permanently.

The Vedic descriptions of the origin of the universe are not theories. They are all facts, and they all lead to the same conclusion that the ultimate origin of everything is the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?