Sweetest Happiness in Sliven

After an ecstatic two hour Ratha Yatra parade through Sliven, Bulgaria we assembled in a park near the end of the parade route. I was requested by the festival organizer to speak on Krishna consciousness. Although the crowd was small, they heard my lecture very attentively and many of them joined in with us in chanting. At the end of my lecture a young man with a Mohawk haircut asked me how old I am. I replied that although my body is 62 years old I am an eternal youth with an infinitely old soul and that he is also an eternally young, infinitely old spiritual being. He liked my answer. And then a middle aged woman asked me who she could contact locally to find out more about Krishna consciousness. This question satisfied me greatly that here is a person who is seriously interested in the sublime process of Krishna consciousness. I referred her to our festival organizer, Vraja Krishna Das, who is from Sliven.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Sweet Nectar--Singing and Dancing
For Lord Jagannatha, the Lord of the Universe
Singing and Dancing For Lord Jagannatha

Every Step Takes the Devotees Closer to the Spiritual SkyEvery Step Takes the Devotees Closer to the Spiritual Sky

All Along the Parade Route People Were Captivated
By the Beautiful, Joyous Ratha Yatra Celebration
People Were Captivated By the Ratha Yatra Celebration

Secret of Happiness Revealed in Sliven, Bulgaria
19 September 2010
Sankarshan Das Secret of Happiness Revealed in Sliven, Bulgaria

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: What is Success and Failure?

I want to know your definition of success and failure. Your answer should be a general answer and not just restricted to spirituality only.

Dhaval

Answer: To Be or Not Be Krishna Conscious

Krishna instructs us to inquire from the spiritual master submissively. Therefore our inquiries should be open-ended without any restrictions. Restrictions means that we are trying to manipulate the answer instead of being submissive to whatever the answer may be.

The underlying reality of everything is spiritual. Therefore the complete answer must be spiritual. Your idea that a spiritual answer is restrictive is a misconception. A so-called general answer which is not allowed to be spiritual must necessarily therefore be an imperfect and incomplete answer.

Since as a spiritual master my duty is to fully answer questions in a manner which will enlighten the inquirer and others, I will not be able to answer your question in the restrictive and therefore imperfect and incomplete manner as you have requested.

The only real success is to be Krishna conscious, and the only real failure is to not be Krishna conscious. The so-called general success and failure is an illusion.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?