Trying to Revolutionize the Planet

I cannot think of any more wonderful and fulfilling life than trying to completely revolutionize this planet under the guidance and blessings of the most empowered Vaisnava acharya in history, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. If he were physically here with us today, he would certainly be spearheading this greatest paradigm shift attempt in the history of the Kali yuga. In his absence what can we do? We have to carry on undaunted in our attempt to see that every person on this planet is blessed with the supreme, eternal happiness of Krishna consciousness by faithfully following the many instructions that Srila Prabhupada has so mercifully given to us.

Srila Prabhupada Mercifully Instructs His Disciples

Srila Prabhupada Mercifully Instructs His Disciples

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Are Martial Arts Krishna Conscious?

Gurudeva,

Hare Krishna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and you for your wonderful glorious work around the world!

I was thinking about my involvement in martial arts and how much I enjoy it. Then I began to think about the implications of what I am doing. While I am not a violent person, I do enjoy the sparring and the physical fitness aspect of Kung Fu. However, if I am working toward my black belt, is this just a materialistic desire of mine? In martial arts we are taught self defense, but is this in accordance to what Krishna would want? I have these questions and do not know if I should continue with my training or not.

Thank you so much for any response you can give at your convenience.

Christopher

Answer: Yes, If They Are Used For Krishna.

If you are inspired in martial arts, there is no harm. Vedic culture includes not only brahmanas, the qualified spiritual teachers. It also includes saintly martial experts who protect the brahmanas and the other innocent citizens from the attacks and harassment of the demoniac. Since we are this material world, the demoniac will always be there. Therefore Krishna conscious ksatriyas or saintly martial experts are always required. I am therefore requesting you to become very expert in martial arts so that in the future, if necessary, you may use your talents to protect devotees from harm.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?