Beg Krishna for Pure Bhakti

Religion nowadays is accepted as a system of taking God as one's order-supplier, that I approach God to fulfill my material desires. Of course, it is God undoubtedly who is supplying us all of our material necessities. But this does not mean that we have to petition Him for this purpose. Does a child have to beg his parents every day to feed him? No, of course not. Because the parents love the child they will naturally feed him. No begging is required. What will satisfy the parents greatly is if the child will inquire from them, "How can I serve you?". So this is how we should approach our supreme father. We should simply beg Him for pure bhakti, pure devotional service. This will give Him immense pleasure. And the more we please Him, the more we will be pleased. 

Teaching Pure Bhakti in Vrindavan
10 March 2010

Sankarshan Das Teaching Pure Bhakti in Vrindavan

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: If We're Not the Body, Why Does It Feel Pain?

I was asked a question by a friend that if we are not the body and if we are within the body, then why is that we feel pain when we are pricked or pinched? In that case, we react as if we are the body. I was stuck and could not give the appropriate reply.

Please guide me.

Tushar

Answer: Pain is an Indicator, Like a Gasoline Gauge

When I am driving a car and it runs very low on gasoline, the indicator on the dash board informs me of this so that I can find a gas station as soon as possible to fill up the gas tank. In the same way the body gives pain as a signal so that I can necessary steps to protect it from that which it is harmful to its well being. To be conscious of these indicators and to take appropriate steps does make me my body any more than responding to a low gasoline indicator makes me my car.

Of course, when my gasoline gauge tells me I am out of gas, if I think that I am out gas, I am in illusion because my car is out of gasoline, not me. And in a similar way when my hand gets cut, if I think that I am cut, I am also in illusion because my hand is cut. It is not that I am cut.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?