Dancing in the Rain of Mercy

If one is actually awakened in love of God, he will naturally be joyful 24 hours daily. Indeed his existence will be an ecstatic celebration, which even death cannot disturb. Even though a devotee certainly regrets his previous sinful activities, this regret does not plunge him into moroseness. Rather he utilizes his memories of previous sinful activities to protect himself from ever making the mistake of engaging in such nonsense again, and within his heart he is always dancing in ecstasy in the rain of Lord Sri Krishna's causeless, inconceivable mercy.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Plea: The Temples Need Your Help!

Gurudeva:

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Yesterday I visited the Atlanta ISKCON Temple. I have also visited a few other ISKCON temples in India earlier and many other Krishna temples around the world. They all need great improvement.

For the welfare of many devotees around the world, if you can cut your travel expenses and spend some of these travel expenses on many of these temples, they will have better facility. Thus many devotees now and many more years to come will understand the importance of teaching Krishna consciousness like the way you do. And the heritage of these temples will be saved.

In this internet era, it's possible for each of your student and devotees to get connected to you personally as well mass chanting and preaching based on the each devotee's desire.

This is my thought and just sharing with you. If wrong, please apologies.

Your servant
Kumar

Answer: Help by Doing Your Duty

I agree with you that the temples need help and I thank you very much for your concern. The help that the temples have requested of me as a spiritual master is that I should come there as often as possible and as long as possible for inspiring the local devotees to advance in their Krishna consciousness and in their participation in the local temple's activities. So, my duty is traveling and preaching. And the help that is requested of you as a local devotee is to support your local temple as much as possible with your time, money, intelligence, and words. This is your duty.

Krishna states that we should do our own duty even if imperfectly performed rather than accepting someone else's duty even if perfectly performed. Therefore it is better that I stick to my duty and that you should stick to your duty.

Of course, this is not simply a matter of philosophy. It is practical also. If by going to a temple and preaching I can inspire many local devotees to increase their support of the temple, this will be far more beneficial than my not going there and simply sending some emails. And besides that, many of the persons who hear my lectures and become inspired to increase their support of the temple are not enrolled in my e-course. So all things considered it is better that I continue traveling and preaching as I am doing because this is the way that I can give the best service to the temples.

Thank you very much for your concern. The world needs more people like you who want that Krishna's temple should be in first class condition. So kindly apply your energy now to make your local temple a grand success. In this way you will set the ideal example for devotees all over the world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?