Serving Guru's Order

The life and soul of the disciple is to faithfully obey the orders that he has received from his spiritual master. Sometimes I am criticized that I am accepting disciples. But what can I do? My spiritual master instructed that I should be doing this? So who should I put my faith in: my spiritual master or those who tell me that I should not obey my spiritual master? The answer to this question is given as follows in the Vedic wisdom:

yasya deve parā bhaktir
yathā deve tathā gurau
tasyaite kathitā hy arthāḥ
prakāśante mahātmanaḥ

"Only unto those great souls who simultaneously have unflinching faith in both the Lord and the spiritual master are all the imports of Vedic knowledge automatically revealed."
--Svetāśvatara Upaniṣad 6.23

So the answer is clear. I must obey my spiritual master, not those who tell me to disobey my spiritual master.

ISKCON Radhadesh, Belgium

ISKCON Radhadesh, Belgium

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Why So Many Temples?

My question is very simple. If God is everywhere, why do we have so many temples?

Maitreya

Answer: To Celebrate God's Omnipresence

Since God is everywhere there should be temples everywhere celebrating his omnipresence. Some philosophers say that it is wrong to worship God in the temple since He is everywhere. But if He is everywhere, He is also present in the temple. So how can they deny His presence in the temple? This does not make any sense.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?