Enlightened Souls Always Manifest Good Will Towards All

What does one gain by maintaining a spirit of ill will towards anyone? Nothing at all. Therefore the pure devotee always manifests well-wishes towards all living beings. Ill will is born out of an artificial sense of superiority based on the conditioned soul's false idea that he is the center of the universe. If such an illusioned soul feels that someone is a threat to his so-called superiority, he tries to defend his artificial position by manifesting ill will towards that person. Therefore we can conclude that ill will is simply born out of ignorance. Those who are enlightened with transcendental knowledge always manifest good will towards all, even those who have ill will towards them. Such enlightened souls are very, very dear to the Lord.

Blissful Meeting with Disciples
Vrindavana-13 March 2010

Sankarshan Das Blissful Meeting with Disciples, Vrindavana, India

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: How to Find an Enlightened Guru?

Dear Swamiji,

I am really in need of your precious advice. For the last ten years I have been looking for an enlightened guru. In this regard I have met many monks, but I have found most of them fake. I want to live a spiritual life and want to know the Absolute Truth, but I have failed to meet a real guru. Kindly help me out and tell me the address of a real enlightened guru. I will very much obliged.

Thank you.

Shaminder

Patiala, India

Answer: You've Already Found One

I understand your frustration of encountering so many fake gurus because I was also disappointed in the same way when I was seeking a guru who could bless me with genuine spiritual enlightenment. By Krishna's grace after four-and-a-half years of difficult struggle, I finally found such a bona fide spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada, the Founder-Acharya of ISKCON (the International Society for Krishna Consciousness). He enlightened me with perfect spiritual knowledge and saved me from the vicious cycle of birth and death. If you will read his translation of the Bhagavad-gita known as Bhagavad-gita As It Is, you will find great joy and solace.

Before his left this world in 1977 he carefully trained me and his other disciples how to become gurus so that in his physical absence we could carry on with his mission of enlightening the human society. So there is no need for you to be frustrated anymore in your search for an enlightened spiritual master because you have already found one. You may consult with me and the other devotees of ISKCON regarding how to become free from all material miseries. There are many ISKCON temples throughout India. Is there one in your area?

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?