Manifest Due Diligence

Considering that all material attainments are only temporary and that the results of attaining spiritual perfection are eternal, it is simple common sense that the primary focus of our lives should be on spiritual awakening. Therefore we are behooved to not be neglectful and to manifest due diligence in regards to reviving our dormant Krishna consciousness. Any other course of action would be grossly foolish and a pitiable waste of this rarely achieved, most valuable human form of life. If we do opt to faithfully execute our duty of reconnecting ourselves with the Supreme Absolute Truth, we will be living in a sublime paradise at every minute even while surrounded by a hellish material atmosphere on all sides.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Lecture at Lithuania's Klaipeda University

Sankarshan Das Lecture at Lithuania's Klaipeda University

Chanting and Dancing Bliss

Sankarshan Das Chanting and Dancing Bliss

Students Flood Book Table After Lecture...

Students Flood Book Table After Lecture...

...and Eagerly Purchase Our Books

Students  Eagerly Purchase Our Books

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Is No Chanting an Acceptable Path?

I look forward to reading your email everyday. I would like to start chanting and also following the regulative principles (which in fact I very much do). I lead an extremely busy life with my wife working full time, I have my own practice, two children with all their needs. I feel so strapped for time, it seems that by the end of every day, I have a hundred things not done, which I should have!

I have tried chanting, but I almost start resenting the time that I spend doing that, as every minute of the day seems to be earmarked for doing something. By the night I am so tired that I can hardly keep my eyes open.

I lead a very simple life and think of Krishna, while doing my everyday chores, like driving etc. I know my life will improve in the next couple of years, and I will be able to follow a more rigorous chanting schedule etc. I feel very guilty that I am not able to chant, and when I do, my mind is going a hundred miles an hour.

I have seen that when I listen to a Bhajan, I am able to concentrate more (at least a little bit longer). Is this an acceptable path at this time.... Or some chanting is imperative for spiritual growth....

Please enlighten me.

Hare Krishna

Your student

Answer: Not If You Want to Progress

Regulated chanting is imperative for spiritual advancement. Go to bed as early as possible and rise as early as possible before sunrise. Take your morning shower and then sit peacefully for as long as possible and chant the Hare Krishna mantra on japa beads. If you do this every day without fail, you will experience the most amazing, profound transformation of consciousness of your entire life.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?