Most Confidential Service

Back in 1971 I was blessed with the opportunity to surrender myself as a disciple at the lotus feet of that greatest of all spiritual masters, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. After careful study and due consideration I realized that this was the greatest opportunity I had ever been blessed with in millions of lifetimes and I happily agreed to become his disciple. In those days I learned from his disciples how to sing a beautiful song early every morning in his honor. That song is known as the Gurvastakam (eight prayers glorifying the spiritual master). The seventh prayer is as follows:

saksad-dharitvena samasta-sastrair
uktas tatha bhavyata eva sadbhih
kintu prabhor yah priya eva tasya
vande guroh sri-caranaravindam

"The spiritual master is to be honored as much as the Supreme Lord because he is the most confidential servitor of the Lord. This is acknowledged in all revealed scriptures and followed by all authorities. Therefore I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master, who is a bona fide representative of Sri Hari [Krishna]."

What is that most confidential service of the Lord in which he is engaged? That is delivering all the conditioned souls from the clutches of maya. There is no service to the Lord more dear and confidential than this.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Proof of the Spiritual World?...

I wanted to know the proof of whether really there is any spiritual world and its topmost planet, Goloka Vrindavan. Sometimes I suspect its existence. I am sorry for my foolishness but still want some proof so that my mind will be clear.

Thank you,

Vishal

Answer: From the Reports of Others...

How do you know for sure that there is a place called Russia? Have you ever been there? Perhaps not. But you know for sure that it exists from the reports of others who have been there.

In the same way, how do we know for sure that the spiritual world and Goloka Vrindavan exist? From the reports of others who have been there.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?