Who Wants to Suffer?

I am seated here in the at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam spending the last few minutes of my Spring 2007 European lecture tour reflecting on what an ecstatic two-and-a-half months this has been and writing "Thought for the Day" so I can upload it before I board my flight for the USA.

This tour has been truly phenomenal! It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how blissful it becomes to practice and spread Krishna consciousness, it just keeps getting more and more blissful all the time. This phenomenon of the ever-increasing unlimited nectar of Krishna consciousness has me absolutely convinced that someday the entire world will take to this process. After all, who wants to suffer when they can be happy?

Sankarshan Das Adhikari Gives Class in Riga, Latvia

Sankarshan Das Gives Class in Riga, Latvia

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Necessary to Chant in Lotus Posture?...

I am a 17 year old and I want to start chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra on japa beads. But I cannot put myself into the yogic lotus posture, and I cannot even do the Japanese posture. When I try to these postures I cannot concentrate because I feel a very big pain. So what i should do? It is necessary to chant in the Lotus posture?

Answer: Sit Straight But Comfortably...

Although it is recommended to sit straight while chanting japa because it helps you to fix your mind on the Hare Krishna mantra, it is not necessary to go into a formal posture such as the lotus posture. Sit comfortably and focus your energy on fully absorbing your consciousness in the all-attractive sound of Lord Sri Krishna's names.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?