Introducing the Lithuanians to Their Forgotten Identity

On Thursday evening 10 May here in Kaunas I spoke to a gathering of Lithuanians at a publicly advertised lecture in a meeting hall. The hall was packed to capacity. It was a golden opportunity to teach them what they have forgotten--who they are and how to be who they are. After an ecstatic Hare Krishna kirtan I lectured for 45 minutes and then answered many questions from the interested audience. There is nothing more wonderful and attractive than Krishna and Krishna consciousness. Anybody from any culture or any walk of life who opens their mind to hear this king of all philosophies explained in full by an experienced devotee cannot help but be attracted. Krishna consciousness reconnects the conditioned soul with his eternal identity that has been forgotten since time immemorial.

"Know Who You Are, and Be Who You Are."

Sankarshan Das Giving Knowledge of the Self, Kaunas, Lithuania

Sankarshan Das Giving Knowledge of the Self, Kaunas, Lithuania

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Why Don't You Travel to Poor Countries?...

I have seen in your travel itinerary that you always travel in only affluent and rich countries of Europe, America, Asia and Oceania and exclude Latin America, Africa, Middle East and China.

May I know the reason behind it or do you think that spreading Krishna Consciousness in those parts will not yield any results?

Yours truly,

Veerendra

Answer: I Only Travel to Poor Countries...

I go wherever I am invited. Apparently you are not that aware of my itinerary over the years. I have been three times to Latin American and am going again this July. I regularly travel to many places that are not that affluent such as eastern Europe, Russia, and India.

Insofar as results is concerned, I am experiencing nice results no matter wherever I go. In every part of the world--both rich, poor, and in the middle--there are people who are very interested in becoming Krishna conscious.

Anyone who wants me to come to their part of the world is welcome to invite me. Simply they have arrange for my lectures and accommodations. And as my missionary activities are funded solely by the donations of my students, when someone invites me they are requested if possible to contribute towards my air fare.

All one has to do is write me. We will see if we can work their country into an upcoming tour.

Also, kindly note in this connection that in the highest sense there is no such thing as a dichotomy between rich and poor in this world. Because everyone is lacking in Krishna consciousness, everyone is poor. In this sense I am always traveling to spread the highest truth in countries that are very poor.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?