Free from all Calamities

On 16 May 2007 in Vilnius, Lithuania I lectured on one of my favorite verses in the entire Vedic wisdom. In this amazing verse Queen Kunti, the aunt of Lord Krishna, reveals the most amazing secret of how to become completely transcendental to all of the calamitous conditions of this calamity ridden material existence. Her technique is so powerful that it can awaken you into another realm of consciousness is which all calamities you were experiencing will be seen as nothing more than a bad dream that you once had when you were still asleep in the realm of material consciousness. In this prayer she addresses Lord Krishna:

vipadah santu tah sasvat
tatra tatra jagad-guro
bhavato darsanam yat syad
apunar bhava-darsanam

"I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths."
--Srimad Bhagavatam 1.8.25

The trick is to appreciate every calamity as a great blessing to help you feel ever-increasingly dependent on Lord Sri Krishna. By mastering this art you will no longer be afraid of calamities. Rather you will welcome them. That calamity you thought was about to devastate you will evaporate and you will realize that you are an eternal fully death-proof spiritual being in quality one with that Lord Who is lovingly protecting you at every minute.

Sriman Sankarshan Das Lectures in Vilnius, Lilthuania

Sankarshan Das Lectures in Vilnius, Lilthuania

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Can a Catholic Serve Krishna?...

Please accept my obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I receive your daily messages and I like them a lot. I am not a devotee, but I have contact with the devotees in Panama. I attend all the Sunday feasts and I do devotional service in the temple. I would like to know if, being Catholic, I can serve Krishna without giving up my religion.

My nephew has been a devotee for 9 years, and by his influence we are visiting the temple for years. Everyone at home is a vegetarian.

Awaiting your answer,

Yadira

Answer: You'll Become the Best Christian...

You do not have to give up your Christian religion to practice Krishna consciousness. In fact, by practicing Krishna consciousness you will become the best Christian.

Lord Jesus Christ is the ideal Vaisnava. He was willing to forgive those who were crucifying him. We worship Lord Jesus as our Guru.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?