Christmas--The Appearance Day of Lord Jesus Christ

Today all over the world people are celebrating the appearance day of Lord Jesus Christ. For me also his appearance day is worshipable. Srila Prabhupada describes him as follows: "We accept him as a śaktyāveśa avatāra, a living entity especially powered from God."

In 1971 I was a young spiritual seeker trying to figure out how to become self-realized. I knew that Jesus was a great self-realized soul. By studying the Bible every morning I was trying to figure out what was his secret so I could become like him, fully self-realized. One day I found it! He says, "Father, not my will, but Thy will be done." I then understood that my perfection would be to do what God wanted me to do, not what I wanted to do. So I prayed every day, "Dear God, please guide me how I can become your perfect servant."

Shortly thereafter Krishna answered my prayers by sending His Holiness Vishnujana Swami to Austin to establish an ISKCON center here. By associating with him, hearing from him, and serving him I understood that the perfection of my existence would be to fully surrender to Krishna by becoming the eternal disciple of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja. I was accepted by Srila Prabhupada as his disciple on 12 August 1971 in a letter he wrote me from London. In a follow up letter that he wrote me on 7 September 1971 from London he gave me unlimited encouragement by the following words:

"I can see also that you are a very sincere and enthusiastic boy and are anxious for spreading this movement. Those are first class qualifications for making advancement in Krishna Consciousness. So continue enthusiastically as you are doing and Krishna will surely bless you

So I have Lord Jesus to thank for helping me get the most sublime and wonderful shelter of the lotus feet of my beloved spiritual master, His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Saktyavesa Avatar-Lord Jesus Christ

Saktyavesa Avatar Lord Jesus Christ

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami Maharaja

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami Maharaja

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Should I See a Psychiatrist?

Hare Krishna, Guru Maharaj Ji
Please accept my humble obesiances.

Guru Maharaj Ji.

I have always considered you my Shiksha Guru and have gotten my answers through your emails.

I am in huge frustration now as I have health issues. I am normal while doing spiritual activities like reading scripture, chanting Hare Krishna, dancing in kirtan, book distribution, etc. But as soon as I start studying mundane subject matters I start having too much headache that I am not able to study. And after that the pain goes on increasing for many days.
This happens mostly when I study for college. (Plus there is a past history of my having mental problems.)

If I will not be able to study properly, I will represent a bad example of Krishna Consciousness which will discourage others from entering this path. They will see that I able to study and while I am doing bhakti. I want to be able to study too so that I am not will not be hinderance in spreading this most glorious movement.

I am getting suggestions to go to counsellor or psychiatrist, but I don't want to. Please help me out.

This really has taken me into depression!
Thank you so much 🙏🏻

V.S.

Answer: The Transcendental Sandwich Program

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear V.S.,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Please accept me as your psychiatrist.

Start your day by chanting Hare Krishna japa mala and reading from Prabhupada's books. Then for the sake of future livelihood you can do some mundane studies. Then in the evening read again from Prabhupada's books. In this way by the transcendental sandwich program (sandwiching mundane studies within Krishna consciousness) you will be successful both materially and spiritually and you won't have any more headaches.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this world deliverance mission.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?